Getting my own gear BP/W - BC question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I get older I've been asking myself this same question.

A former student of mine in his mid 70s would disagree. I'm pretty sure with the injuries I've suffered from different activities that when I reach that age, I'll disagree as well.

And ditto to that. Youth is wasted on the young.

A former student of mine in his mid 70s would disagree. I'm pretty sure with the injuries I've suffered from different activities that when I reach that age, I'll disagree as well.

I'm only 53, but I have two surgically repaired shoulders with somewhat limited mobility.

We are all different, but I still believe you need one side to be open/large/adjustable to slip in/out of a harness...

True, I can't speak for all, but how often do you see someone actually open both.

And ditto to that. Youth is wasted on the young.
As I’m in the latter half of my life, I completely agree

I'm only 53, but I have two surgically repaired shoulders with somewhat limited mobility.

We are all different, but I still believe you need one side to be open/large/adjustable to slip in/out of a harness...

True, I can't speak for all, but how often do you see someone actually open both.

Being in my mid 70s, with two replaced shoulders, I might have agreed with @rhwestfall earlier in life if I could have predicted which would be my bad shoulder. Turned out I got a twofer, and now whichever shoulder is acting up on a particular day is not a problem because I have a bp/w with dual quick releases. Quick releases---Ahhhhh!

get bungee cord and a bolt snap or double ender. make a necklace for the 2nd on the shorter hose, and dive the longer octo as a primary. ask the dive shop to swap the second stages if they have a dinky LPO on the octo length hose. make a bungee loop for the console/spg hose and then clip as normal with the bolt snap/double ender.

Deleted:
Posted in the wrong topic, re post in the right one.
Sorry.

I would recommend that you defer buying your own BCD or BP/W for a little while.

Rent a few different types. Find out what works best for you and what you like the best. Scubaboard is extremely heavily biased toward BP/W and so much of the advice you get will steer you in that direction, but you need to find out what works for you and ultimately the only way to find that is to try different options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom