Getting my AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was under the impression that there are some circumstances where you have to be AOW to be able to dive, e.g., I went on a 3 tank boat dive where you had to show you were AOW certified to go, and I thought Cozumel required something of that sort too (but I could be totally mistaken, it was something I had in my head years ago)

Some places like the wreck of the Spiegel Grove in Florida require AOW. You must be able to show some type of advanced training. I figure with my Rescue Cert I should be able to BS my way through it. I thought you are supposed to be AOW in order to get Rescue :idk: Oh well I rarely get to dive warm water. 98% of my dives are cold local waters.

I have dove in Cozumel and they only required OW, but maybe some sites require an AOW Cert.

The purpose of my AOW is I want to get Search and Rescue Cert.

What are the requirement for getting a Search and Rescue Cert? Other than AOW...

Besides AOW. CPR/FA is the other requirement. Thats about it. I have my EMT cert. so I assume it will qualify. Due to the fact you have to have CPR for healthcare providers. Ill call wallins just to make sure.

I would then pick the "instructor" that takes the time to teach you the most. What is the point of the class if you aren't going to actually learn something?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom