Getting from Bangkok to Lanta...........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

limbo:
It'll be a fair bit through the city, especially arriving midday (slow traffic). Go to the arrivals platform and jump in a cab after making sure they put the meter on! It most liekly won't be more than 200 Baht (incl. potential express charges), you will have plenty of time to travel between the two airports. You'll be stuck in Krabi for the night though.
Cheers mate. Not too fussed about spending a night in Krabi - they have pubs right ?? I'm putting my regs in for service in Krabi too. Then it's about an hour (depending on the car ferries) to Lanta.

Well I'm all booked up - woo-hoo !!! :rocker:

Gone for the Nok Air option - 30kg baggage, bigger seat etc (Thanks for the tip scubasaurus). I've got six hours between flights to kill, and I know Bangkok traffic can be a pain in the 'Aris', but should be good !! :D

And Nok Air have those jauntily painted aeroplanes with the duck bill face on the nose cone...

Crowley:
And Nok Air have those jauntily painted aeroplanes with the duck bill face on the nose cone...
Things just keep getting better !!!! :D

More updated info on your Swoompy to DM question (from a Thai related forum) ;"
Quote;
It's about 50 minutes in a taxi if you get a good run. Around 300baht.
Bus 554 and 555, both operate 24 hours a day, about every 30 minutes. (I haven't used them, this info is second hand)."

Quote;
"50 minutes!?
i guess this taxidriver cheated you and drove with you through city center!
neener.gif

if it takes outer ring road and a short cut just north of Don Muang (NOT the sometimes very congested Ram Inthra!) it should be much faster, maybe 30 mintues. there is hardly any traffic jam on the outer ring road.
but for what take a taxi as the bus is free!"

limbo:
Oh yeah, first step is to go to arrivals and get a cab there, just make sure they put the meter on, which normally is not a problem up there.
Will do mate !! I hate taxi drivers at airports and have learnt the hard way to get everything sorted before I close my door - meter, route, toll charges etc.

Bubble Junky:
Will do mate !! I hate taxi drivers at airports and have learnt the hard way to get everything sorted before I close my door - meter, route, toll charges etc.

Auntie!
will be lovely to see you back there! cant wait to laugh at the Nudibranch Nerd and put things in his hair.

I will be back there in a couple of weeks to meet F

:D

xxxxxxxxxx

martini_effect:
Auntie!
will be lovely to see you back there! cant wait to laugh at the Nudibranch Nerd and put things in his hair.

I will be back there in a couple of weeks to meet F

:D

xxxxxxxxxx
:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom