Getting Forced to Bottom of Page while in Forums?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Whenever I am in a forum, either just reading or typing a reply, I constantly get "thrown" to the bottom of the page, where some sort of animated ad is playing. There is no way to disable this ad in any fashion. I then get "held" at the bottom of the page for several seconds and it just will not let me scroll back up to where I was in the thread. AFter about 5 seconds I can return to the forum, but a few minutes later it happens all over again.

This does not happen when I am in a forum index.

Is it the site, or my computer? Does it have anything to do with that animated ad?

It was happening to me last night, I thought it was a problem with my keyboard.

happened to me yesterday as well. thoroughly annoying. is actually happening right now as I type.... flips back and forth to the bottom and back to the reply box

me too. quite annoying

No way to disable the ad, none at all.

it is that damn animated square ad at the bottom right of the page. The "throw down" happens on every single page where that ad appears.

I should NOT be forced to figure out how to "opt out" of an ad that basically destroys this site's functionality.

Take that ad out! Or, the site operators, not the users, figure out a way to keep it but disable the "throw down".

Sorry for the long delay in my response. I'm away (on vacation)

Please post a screenshot of the ad that's causing this. I don't have any types of ads that are popover or ads that should take control of your screen enabled.

I do not want these kinds of annoyances on the forum. The ads themselves are what support this site, and keep it operational, so they are a necessary evil on this site.

With that said, I can block specific advertisers from the site, but I'd need to know who or what the destination URL is for this. So

1) Post a shot of the ad
2) Click it to find out where it goes (and let me know), so I can block that particular advertiser, and within a day they won't be able to advertise on SB anymore.

Thanks.

Happened to me yesterday; and happened to me just now reading this thread; here's a screenshot....the graphic contains different multiple ads. When that graphic starts...either playing an animation or a video; it grabs the page and scrolls to the bottom to put the graphic in view. Pretty sure it's using Flash
Scubaboard lower right graphic.jpg

Untitled.jpg

the vimeo ad on the bottom right. on occasion is a video and when it's a video is when it starts jumping around

....at the moment, that flash square points to a greenies.com ad for pill pockets (a product I actually use)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom