Getting First Wing Setup, NEED HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get a drysuit and use a 30lb wing. Or get rid of the 300/15 and get twin 7s. Why do you want a 300/15? Did you lose a bet? :)

I have a 40lb wing supposedly suitable for a single. It isn't really very good. I also have an 18lb Apeks wing. It is very nice.

I suggest getting the wing and backplate from the same vendor. Although they ought to mostly be ok I have seen cases where the dump is partly covered by the backplate which is rather nasty.

I am looking for a singles wing that will accommodate a steel 300 bar 15 litre single cylinder

I just noticed the tank size you are talking about above, where on earth do you get a 300 Bar 15L tank? Are you sure? Perhaps you mean a 300 Bar 12L tank or a 232 Bar 15L tank??? The only 300 Bar tanks I have seen are 12L, 10L and, not sure, 7 or 6 L but no 300B 15L. If it exists, it must weigh a ton. I use, sometimes, 230 Bar 18L and they are heavy.

Last edited:
Can you give me the full name of "Techline" and "DTD" please? I am trying to look them up but I am not getting what I think should be the appropriate links.

DTD is Daretodive. High Quality Scuba Diving Gear | DTD. I used their single wing before, pretty good design and quality

As for Techline, it's Tecline. Polish brand which is sometimes quite cheap when imported from Poland. They did increase their prices recently I think.
Katalog Tecline | Start

But I think we scared the OP away now

It would be better to use a 30 pound wing with a drysuit but I wouldn't always have that availability

I just noticed the tank size you are talking about above, where on earth do you get a 300 Bar 15L tank? Are you sure? Perhaps you mean a 300 Bar 12L tank or a 232 Bar 15L tank??? The only 300 Bar tanks I have seen are 12L, 10L and, not sure, 7 or 6 L but no 300B 15L. If it exists, it must weigh a ton. I use, sometimes, 230 Bar 18L and they are heavy.
Steel SCUBA Tanks 300 bar Yes they exist. And yes they do weigh a ton, they are 21 kg which is 45 pounds

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom