Getting back into it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As one currently in dry dock undergoing chemo for lung ( and other) cancer, I am encouraged by your report, and hope to post my own similar report in the future. Good for you- go get wet, and have years of happy and safe diving!
DivemasterDennis

Divemaster Dennis, not trying to steal the thread but wanted to say hang in there chemo is no fun, been there done that and bought the tee shirt. It is all about attitude. Wishing you the best.

A good friend has a
Cochlear implant, and the part of the receiver is interior of the skin. The exterior unit attaches magnetically, and can be easily pulled off. I have found his entire process absolutely amazing over the last 4 years going from 100% deafness to able to communicate well in an office environment. Only problem is the phone is an issue.

Fabulous you have the green light to dive- ENJOY!

A my best wishes to Dennis.

Terry

Wow that's great! How well does the cochlear implant work? Do you mind sharing what the hearing problem was?

The Doctors believe it to be Otosclerosis, which is a inherited disease. Unfortunately I started showing symptoms a lot younger than what they'd expect, I started loosing my hearing around 18, and it's slowly degenerated over time since then. Prior to the Cochlear Implant(CI) I had moderate to severe (70%) hearing loss, and was basically pushing the hearing aids to their limit and barely coping. With the CI, I've now regained my hearing to about a 20% loss.

As one currently in dry dock undergoing chemo for lung ( and other) cancer, I am encouraged by your report, and hope to post my own similar report in the future. Good for you- go get wet, and have years of happy and safe diving!
DivemasterDennis

That sucks DivemasterDennis. ScubaBoards does a pretty good job at keeping you virtually wet :wink:
Wishing you all the best and hope to hear you're back in the water soon.

Back
Top Bottom