Getting a "+" rating on hydro w/o a REE number

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Falsifying tank markings is serious business, with some heavy duty penalties. I like to make a point of not breaking federal law unless the possible rewards far outweigh the possibly penalties, which is not the case here.

Detection is not as unlikely as one might think. We have a "gotcha" shop nearby where the owner likes to call people out for obscure violations and always takes a good look at the hydro before he fills a tank. It's not hard to imagine him saying "Gee, according to the RIN, this tank was last hydroed by Acme Fire. But it's got a plus and I know Acme won't do the plus. I better call them and find out what's going on".

I don’t know if anyone would ever bother to check, but with hydro facility identification number clearly stamped as part of the hydro date, now a day it is real easy to check if any stamps are legitimate.

Follow-up: I sent an email to Faber....a couple of weeks later I got a reply back from Italy with the REE number from my tank. Hats off to Faber for customer service! Now I have to see if the hydro place will honor the email info.

I called the hydro place and they said they would accept a printout of the email in order to do the plus rating. I got it hydro'd again and now have a plus rating on my tank!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom