Getting a nitrox fill with BSAC qualification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grassybreakfast

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello!

I have a bit of a niche question... I hold BSAC Sports Diver, which is their equivalent of AOW + RD, and unlike PADI, BSAC tends to include things in the basic certs instead of having a million add-ons.

In particular, OD (first level) includes use of EAN32/36 but diving on air tables/computers, whereas SD includes the use of any mix up to EAN36 including for deco dives on nitrox tables/computers.

But that means I don't have a nitrox card that I heard many/most fill stations expect to see. Are they generally aware that a BSAC SD qual includes nitrox? Would I have any trouble buying nitrox fills? I imagine in the UK and probably Europe it will be fine, but what about places where BSAC isn't as common?

Thanks

You should have on the back of your SD Card that SD is accredited with "ISO 11107 – ‘Nitrox diving’"
Thanks! I do indeed, but I thought that's just a list of equivalences for qualifications I may or may not have? For example it also says "Dive Leader - ISO 24801-3/EN14153-3".

In the past I've been asked for a Nitrox card by overseas dive centres. BSAC do one, but you need to apply (and pay) for it specifically (it's not expensive).

I don't have one as I've a PADI Nitrox card and now a BSAC 80% Nitrox card.

M

Back
Top Bottom