Get Salty and Socialize in the Lower Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KWBuddy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
A while back I asked whether there was any interest in having a regular social event for Scubaboard members in the Keys, but there wasn't a lot of response. During talks with local divers, it seems that they wanted to dive rather than just talk about it. Seems obvious when put that way, doesn’t it?

So I have decided to modify the event a little and make it an afternoon dive followed by a social. Hopefully a couple of dive shops will come on board and offer afternoon dive trips for interested members. Of course, the dive is optional and you are welcome for just the dinner, if you wish.

If this works out we can have a couple of events every month. One event could focus on the Lower Keys while a second could serve the Upper Keys and Key Largo.

For the Lower Keys Get Salty and Socialize, two venues have been suggested; Mangrove Mama's and Geiger Key Marina. Mangrove Mama's has great Keys food, and is easy to find. It is located at MM20 right on US1. Geiger Key Marina has a Lower Keys ambience that makes it distinctive, but is located off the highway.

Ideas? Input? Rotten tomatoes??

--

Bud

We live in the upper keys and were very shocked to find no dive clubs.Definitely would be interested and there are plenty of restaurants and dive shops up here that we could use.

count me in!!! i have a few friends that own dive charters here in the upper keys and can help out with the logistics,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

There are two responses from the upper Keys and nothing for the lower Keys, so I suggest that the first Get Salty and Socialize be held in the upper Keys. How about the third weekend in February. That would be an afternoon dive on Saturday February 18 with a dinner afterward. I'll leave it to Deeper Thoughts and Reefman to pick the restaurant and dive shop, since they are locals.

--

Bud

If I can make it up I will, no promises though. I'm starting to book February weekends.

Rachel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom