Answered: Get rid of the drop down ads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Unbent

Unbent

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is there a way to view scuba board without the drop down ads, i find it so annoying i no longer sign on or even look at the boards.. if there is a way to shut off/stop this please let me know….I absolutely hate this forced advertising and cannot support any website that dose this… please help.

I ain't leaving but I certainly won't visit very often any more. Ads like this piss me off too.
Get the AdBlock Pro. It’s free and it cleaned up a lot of other websites for me as well.

Erik

I use ublock origin. It still leaves the locally hosted ads for Shearwater et al, but that's fine.

Do you expect to watch OTA television without ads? You "pay to play" in everything...
The difference is unlike watching TV, I'm providing a (hopefully) non-trivial amount of the value of the site in the form of posts. That's how I choose to make my contribution. However, if I spent as much time here purely or even mostly as a lurker, I would either whitelist the ads or make a donation.

ublock origin is a far better adblocker than "adblock pro" which has some serious issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom