Get in Your Sanctuary Event June 25, 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heidi Ho

Registered
Reaction score
The Flower Gardens Banks National Marine Sanctuary is looking for volunteers to help them with their "Get Into Your Sanctuary Day" event on Saturday, June 25 at Sea Center Texas in Lake Jackson.

They're hosting a variety of activities and information areas in the aquarium that day to show people how they can 'get into the sanctuary'. One of those areas will be about diving and they'd love to have divers as volunteers in that area.

They'll provide information and pictures about dive opportunities but they're looking for people who would love to share their personal dive experiences and show off some of their dive gear for visitors. This is a great chance for us to share the CHUM love.
pirate-hat-smile.gif

The event runs from 9 am - 4 pm and the volunteer shifts will be 8:30 am - 12:30 pm and 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm.

Please let Kelly Drinnen with the FGBNMS know via email if you can help out that day and share your diving experiences with their guests. PM me for her email address; I don't want to post it so it won't get snatched up by bots.

I can work the 12:30 - 4:30 shift - who wants to come with me?

This is coming right up - it's always fun to help introduce diving to new people. Anyone else going?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom