Get bent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Okay, if I go diving and come back extremely exhausted, some would say that I'm subclinically bent. In that light, I guess we all do, everytime - just varying degrees of DCI...?

God I hope not!

I don't live near the water. Every time I go diving I leave before the sun comes up, do 3-5 dives, then sleep on the ground and do 4-5 more; or just pack up and make the long drive home. When I get home I unolad my gear and then pass out. I would like to think that it has more to do with the aging process than nitrogen bubbles. :shades:

I think my 2hrs of sleep, 5 hours in a car and hard work launching/recovering a boat contribute more to my "collapse on arriving home after diving day" problem than subclinical dcs.

Rick Inman:
I have never met anyone who spent time in the chamber who considered it a "badge of honor". In fact, it feels like the opposite to me. There is somewhat of a "it'll never happen to me" syndrome when it come to DSI, and there is often some denial when it does happen. IMHO, those who have been bent should continue to mention it, talk about how it happened, and how to prevent it (as you did with excellence in your post), and maybe help prevent other divers from having it happen to them.
I agree wtih you Rick. Many divers do not talk about it because there is a sense that they will be shuned by other divers as a "bad diver" or that it might be catching.

Mark me down as been there, took the ride chamber ride for a total of 3 recompressions.

String:
I think my 2hrs of sleep, 5 hours in a car and hard work launching/recovering a boat contribute more to my "collapse on arriving home after diving day" problem than subclinical dcs.
Tuesday night after all day at work, then messing around gearing up in the rain, then humping down to the water, I was beat before I hit the beach. And I don't think you can get bent before the dive (although someone once told me to get bent before the dive). It felt great to get underwater where I could finally relax.

pasley:
I agree wtih you Rick. Many divers do not talk about it because there is a sense that they will be shuned by other divers as a "bad diver" ....
Oh, that's why they say that about me... eyebrow

Back
Top Bottom