GEO/VEO pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancurrent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I hear that GEO is getting a software upgrade with the dual algorithm and multi-gas option but will also cost (gulp) 10% more. IMHO, these features are nice, but hardly add any value to a non-technical dive computer to justify such a significant price bump. I also see that Oceanic is making a push of the VEO line with two new variants which may explain why GEO is getting priced up. But then again, who really needs a bulky dive computer in the era of watch-styles other than people with rather poor eyesight? Does it really make sense to be positioning pug-styles in the mainstream sweet spot at the expense of the GEO? I have the bad feeling that this is not such a great move and could make the mainstream Oceanic lines less competitive overall. Just a hunch... :(

I'd have to agree with you. The only reasons I see for a puck sized PDC is for divers who have trouble seeing the smaller face. I'd really like to see a Veo/VT3 variant with a watertite battery compartment that takes AAA batteries and can be set with it's backlighting on for low vis and night diving. This would go a long way to make these type dives easier to manage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom