Geo 2.0 Firmware Upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fujitsu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm very happy with my Geo 2.0 - a big improvement on the previous model.

That was until I did a firmware upgrade today using the latest Beta version of Oceanlog; now the Geo dive log displays the last 3 dives as random numbers and letters and a temperature of 31C it was actually 7!

Is there anyway of clearing the dive log on the Geo (apart from lots of dives) and then exporting the correct log from Oceanlog back to the Geo?

Just out of curiosity....what "planned" changes occured with the firmware update? Anything really useful?

Regardless, I think I'll wait a bit before I do the update on mine.

I'm very happy with my Geo 2.0 - a big improvement on the previous model.

That was until I did a firmware upgrade today using the latest Beta version of Oceanlog; now the Geo dive log displays the last 3 dives as random numbers and letters and a temperature of 31C it was actually 7!

could that have something to do with your issue?

Without doubt it is either the firmware update or the Beta version of Oceanlog that has caused it - I think I will remove the battery for a while to clear it...

The problem is a firmware update can only be done using the Beta version - oh well!

the fact that it is a beta version would lead me to NOT upgrade to it...can you undo it?

I let Oceanlog Upgrade the firmware on my Geo2 and it scrambled all my old dives as well. I'm also looking for a way to delete them because it stops it from being able to download dives into Diving Log 5... Any Thoughts..
Phil

Hi
I was wondering if anyone from Oceanic like Doug Krause could respond as i'm sure as people update the firmware this will be an issue. Can you reflash the firmware without restoring previous dives as this with get rid of the corrupt dives off my dive computer and allow downloads of future dives..

Regards
Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom