Geo 2.0 dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emerge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am trying to figure something out, i recently purchased a geo 2.0 and so far it looks great. I have yet to get it wet but ill be heading out in march to dive.

My question is as follows:
On the Oceanic website it says "24 dive on-unit log book".
Does this mean i can only save 24 total dives on it? And do free-dives count in this total? I think we will probably do under 24 total scuba dives, but if free-dives are included in the number i guess i should bring the data cable and a computer. I'm really trying not to bring a computer.

So if anyone has any info or has hit the limit and can let me know it would be much appreciated.

Call their support line (866) 732-7877 it's easy to explain by phone than writing.

It means the DC can store the data for up to 24 dives depending on how you have it set. You can set the DC to record data every 2, 15, 30, or 60 seconds. The DC will store your last ~24 dives. If you want to store more dives, set the sampling rate higher (60 sec).

Yes, free dives are included in the dive count. The computer begins recording once you go deeper than ~10 feet. On the other hand, how much time will you be spending freediving? Compared to 24 60-minute dives. Also, if you take the Geo off and leave it on the boat, it won't count the dive.

Of course, I rarely travel without my laptop. I need to download my photos as well.

It means the DC can store the data for up to 24 dives depending on how you have it set. You can set the DC to record data every 2, 15, 30, or 60 seconds. The DC will store your last ~24 dives. If you want to store more dives, set the sampling rate higher (60 sec).

Yes, free dives are included in the dive count. The computer begins recording once you go deeper than ~10 feet. On the other hand, how much time will you be spending freediving? Compared to 24 60-minute dives. Also, if you take the Geo off and leave it on the boat, it won't count the dive.

Of course, I rarely travel without my laptop. I need to download my photos as well.

This information is incorrect on how the computer stores the information.

Back
Top Bottom