Gear trade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I currently have a couple of conshelf 21s, but have the opportunity to trade for an aqualung legend with what i belive to be an abs octo(?). I am told it is ready to dive. To get the aqualung legend i would have to trade my pro plus 2 to him straight across. Would you make the trade? Is the Legend going to be that much better than the conshelfs?

Last edited:
Got it, thanks. As to whether it’s worth it I guess it depends which you want more. Personally I’d do the trade but I don’t like console computers.

The only noticeable upgrade would be the balanced and adjustable venturi of the Legend 2nd stage.
The ABS might be considered a downgrade.
My advice would be to keep the computer and 21's.
If you want to keep a eye out for a balanced 2nd stage you could replace it for your primary 2nd......does't make a lot of difference what brand, Apeks, AquaLung, Atomic, Scubapro, Zeagle, they're all very similar.........or not, as there's not much wrong with the Conshelf 2nd stage.

I have a Conshelf 21 first with two G250 seconds as a back up reg set and they breathe as well as my “high end” reg sets but are way simpler to service. Fishpie offers good advice, leading on from him I’d consider looking for a couple of G250s and pair them with your 21, you’d most likely notice zero difference between those and a legend, it would be cheaper and you’d still have your computer.

Well I already traded for the Legend. Maybe i will just keep diving the conshelf and put the legend up for sale. I Got a couple of g250s laying around maybe I will start using those. I thought i would be really moving up in the diving world getting new fancy regs.

The G250 is very very hard to beat, super reliable and very easy to service, parts relatively easy to get. It’s my second favorite second stage after the D400. For simplicity, ease of breathing and reliability the G250/156 are my top picks. I have parts and literature if you decide to go down the DIY route. The Conshelf 21 is also very simple and reliable

The G250 is very very hard to beat, super reliable and very easy to service, parts relatively easy to get. It’s my second favorite second stage after the D400. For simplicity, ease of breathing and reliability the G250/156 are my top picks. I have parts and literature if you decide to go down the DIY route. The Conshelf 21 is also very simple and reliable
Are these the g250s you are talking about or are there different models?

Attachments

• 20171026_211533.jpg
    20171026_211533.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 50
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom