Gear Theft at Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B:
There was also an SS scooter and a stage bottle stolen 2 days earlier at Little River.

I heard today, while Rob M and I were diving Lower Orange Grove, from Paul H that some British guys stuff got nicked at Eagles Nest the other day. I think I might start taking along my better half to stay topside when diving some of the more remote places....

Safe diving,

Rich

Rich Courtney:
I heard today, while Rob M and I were diving Lower Orange Grove, from Paul H that some British guys stuff got nicked at Eagles Nest the other day. I think I might start taking along my better half to stay topside when diving some of the more remote places....

Safe diving,

Rich

Hey Rich,

Sounds like Jenn and a few others will be back in September. If all goes well, I'll see you then. The plan is to stay at Divers Outpost and hang around Peacock.

In the meantime, you should consider painting the ride back to it's original self. This way it won't look like a dive vehicle and people won't mess with you.

Roland

Rich Courtney:

Safe diving,

Rich

Good Point Rich, I think I'm going to start bringing my Mastiff and 200lb Rotty, Anybody want's to mess with my gear, they run the risk of drowning in saliva !
Nic

Nic160:
Good Point Rich, I think I'm going to start bringing my Mastiff and 200lb Rotty, Anybody want's to mess with my gear, they run the risk of drowning in saliva !
Nic

Who wants to pick up gear that's covered with dog saliva anyway? Ewwwww! :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Dave Zimmerly:
Betcha it makes a good de-fog.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Good point. My favorite brand of defog was called Gorilla Snot,too bad they don't make it anymore.

I have been worried about my truck getting broke into after looking around at some of the "campers". What about approaching Connie with the idea of a secure area, maybe fenced in for cavers to park while diving? I haven't thought it through but any ideas?? Telford you're asking for it, and LR isn't a whole lot better

Jason B:
There was also an SS scooter and a stage bottle stolen 2 days earlier at Little River.

I hope karma comes looking these guys!

Yeh, I just saw the scooter was stolen myself today I think I remember little river is what they said. I'm suprised , cause little river has a reg parking lot that peoplem are in and out of all day.

Jason B:
...I hope karma comes looking these guys!
Karma has already into the existence of people who do things like this - their juju is pretty much nil. Unfortunately, their prodigious rate of reproduction in their FEMA-supplied trailers is staggering, so enjoy the wilds of Floriduh while you can.

FLTEKDIVER:
Yeh, I just saw the scooter was stolen myself today I think I remember little river is what they said. I'm suprised , cause little river has a reg parking lot that peoplem are in and out of all day.

Little River had a bad reputation for gear theft etc before they made the parking lot and made all the changes around the basin. Basically since they changed the asthetic,it doesn't mean the average visitor has changed. The bad thing about Little River because of the inability to have line of sight view of the spring to your vehicle,a lot can happen in those seconds you are out of view. In all the years I have been diving there I have never had a problem,and that is because nothing is left unattended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom