Gear Theft at Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich Courtney:
I heard today, while Rob M and I were diving Lower Orange Grove, from Paul H that some British guys stuff got nicked at Eagles Nest the other day. I think I might start taking along my better half to stay topside when diving some of the more remote places....

Safe diving,

Rich

Are you hoping someone takes her too? :wink:

Originally Posted by Cave Diver:
Are you hoping someone takes her too?

Holy Cow. That one was just hang over the corner of the plate waiting for someone to jack it out of the park.:lol:
ROTFLMAO...Sorry Rich

I'm not from the area, but....

How about if everyone regularly snapped some random digital photos of cars & license plates in the parking lots at known theft "hot spots?"

I would think video surveillance would be a better idea.

Even better than that would be to add something like this to the waiststrap webbing anytime gear is left unattended for more than 15 seconds.

http://www.surveillance-equip.com/pet.gps.html

Doc Harry:
I'm not from the area, but....

How about if everyone regularly snapped some random digital photos of cars & license plates in the parking lots at known theft "hot spots?"

Hmm, to what extend would this be done? what does that solve or proof? (everyone is registered at the front desk..? if I think I know where this would go to)

BTW: there was a lot of 'active policing' this last weekend by Ginnie Staff.

Tom Winters:
Karma has already into the existence of people who do things like this - their juju is pretty much nil. Unfortunately, their prodigious rate of reproduction in their FEMA-supplied trailers is staggering, so enjoy the wilds of Floriduh while you can.
Ouch!

Meng_Tze:

Yep, I suprised the mods haven't deleted that post.

Meng_Tze:
Hmm, to what extend would this be done? what does that solve or proof? (everyone is registered at the front desk..? if I think I know where this would go to)

BTW: there was a lot of 'active policing' this last weekend by Ginnie Staff.

At least with the photos of license plates the police would have somewhere to start..... What if the same plate keep showing up on the days when gear was stolen?

Doc Harry:
At least with the photos of license plates the police would have somewhere to start..... What if the same plate keep showing up on the days when gear was stolen?
Aren't non-divers required to sign in as well? You can just query the database for repeated entries in lieu of car plates. Same effect, no? But then they'd have to enter everyone into a database to begin with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom