Gear setup...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neils

New
Reaction score
Hello all,
I just discovered this board and have had trouble pulling myself away for almost two days now! Thank you all for such interesting comments and insight. However, after days of reading other peoples' questions I now have one of my own.
I recently purchased a Pro QD+ and now, given all the choice (6 d-rings, grommets, etc...) I am having difficulty figuring out the optimal configuration. I dive w/ a standard second stage + octo and a cobra console i.e no wristmount. I also have a gear retractor for the console and scumball for the octo.
I would like to streamline as much as possible. Any advice would be appreciated.
Much Thanks,
-Neils

Neils

Not sure what you mean by a scumball but I have a QD+ and the Octo is held by a loop of rubber hooked onto the ring on the RH side below the pocket. The console is held by a clip attached to the ring on the LH side below the pocket.

This configuration works fine except that I'll get a bungee cord to go through the hole in the LH pocket (like the Pro Unlimited) to which I'll tie the clip holding the console.

Interested to see what other suggestions there will be.

regards

Welshman,

A scumball is the name for an octo holder. Picture a small lightbulp with the neck cut off just below where the neck transitioins into a sphere. Add a split ring to the top and that's a scumball...except it's made out of pliable plastic versus glass.

would be to lose the retractor in favor of a brass (non-suicide) clip. Retractors look great on the showroom floor, but the never seem to hold the Cobra to your body. I clip on the hip and RARELY do I use all of the D-Rings. BTW, when you said "scumball" I thought you meant TM... :tease:

TexasMike

Thanks. Sounds like the little gizmos that plug into the octo mouthpiece and semi seal the octo as well as secure it.

Good example of the old adage about the Us and the UK - 2 nations divided by a common language!

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom