Gear retention rubber bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptainPanda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I like to have my dive light clipped to a D-ring on my BCED, but I obviously don't want it to dangle and flop around. I remember seeing once upon a time that there were retention bands available that were basically made from bicycle inner tubes, but I can't find them any more. Does anyone have any good recommendations, or know of a place that sells such bands?

Just use bungee cord to make yourself a retaining loop. Works just as well and you don’t have to undo webbing to get it on!

Is this what you're looking for? They're useful when using small diameter lights. Otherwise, it'll be difficult to insert the light head.

I like to have my dive light clipped to a D-ring on my BCED, but I obviously don't want it to dangle and flop around. I remember seeing once upon a time that there were retention bands available that were basically made from bicycle inner tubes, but I can't find them any more. Does anyone have any good recommendations, or know of a place that sells such bands?
Just go to a bicycle shop and ask for a dead inner tube. Cut your own.
Or, pay money for them. Back in Stock! 5 Pack Small Rubber Bands , Piranha Dive Shop |

Dive gear express does I believe. You could also cut up an old bike inner-tube.

Or if your feeling extra crafty.. cut one of these up same as you would a inner tube. They last 10 times as long as stay in place even better.

I honestly have some on my oldest BC that have to be close to 10 years old.

I use little Scünci silicone hair ties...many colors available. Cheap. available at your nearest pharmacy and on-line.

Attachments

• 1646449656159.png
    1646449656159.png
    444.1 KB · Views: 69
I've used surgical tube, cut to length and joined the ends with a couple of cable ties.

I use little Scünci silicone hair ties...many colors available. Cheap. available at your nearest pharmacy and on-line.
That's what I've been using so far, but I find that it's too loose for my setup - the ties keep sliding up and down the light and it doesn't do a great job of actually retaining.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom