Gear Rental in Fiesta Americana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amadeus00

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm headed to Coz on July 2-5. First time there. I am wondering if it is a good idea to rent my BC from there or should I rent it from my LDS and haul it over there. I only need BC's as I have EVERYTHING else. Note, this is a dive trip organized by my LDS and we are staying at Fiesta Americana. They'll probably be going thru the hotel's dive shop. Do they have a good selection on BC?

...good question, as, for example, if you dive Santa Rosa wall, it drops down 3000 feet deep.....not sure I'd rent ANY BC in the first place...that's a LONG way down!

Honestly, if you rent it from your LDS, you'll have more time to test it and make sure it fits decently, if you HAVE to rent it.........if it were me, though, I don't believe in renting life-support gear.

..by the way, you're gonna love Cozumel...I went twice last summer and will likely go again this October...........so have FUN!

Karl

We've been to Fiesta Americana twice this year. First time we rented our BCD's and Reg's from our LDS...what a pain in the butt to haul!!! We checked out DIVE HOUSE's (the on site shop) stuff and it was awesome. When we took our second trip in May we rented from them. Everything was perfect...they take really good care of their equipment. Hope this helps. I want my own equipment someday (bcd/reg) but for now, I'm mighty happy renting from Dive House / Fiesta Americana. Oh, by the way, the BCD rental is 10.00 a day.

amadeus00:
I'm headed to Coz on July 2-5. First time there. I am wondering if it is a good idea to rent my BC from there or should I rent it from my LDS and haul it over there. I only need BC's as I have EVERYTHING else. Note, this is a dive trip organized by my LDS and we are staying at Fiesta Americana. They'll probably be going thru the hotel's dive shop. Do they have a good selection on BC?

I was in Cozumel last month, stayed at the FA, and dove with their on-site shop, Dive House. While my buddy and I brought all of our own gear with us, several other divers that were on the boat with us for a couple day rented gear from Dive House and didn't seem to have a problem.

Get your own BCD, if your budget allows. Being the piece of equipment that most affects your buoyancy, it's pretty important to have your own. $10 bucks a day for 5 days of boat diving gets pretty expensive after a while. Plus you may not find dive ops that take great care of their gear all the time, thus potentially putting you in danger.

Mel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom