Gear Rack photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim if you expect any of us to suck on or whisper in your ear you are dreaming. :D
I know what happens at Joe's stays at Joe's but.... NOT!

crpntr133:
Jim if you expect any of us to suck on or whisper in your ear you are dreaming. :D
I know what happens at Joe's stays at Joe's but.... NOT!

Drats. :wink:

Polly ... I just found this. Here is the gear rack from Blue Springs that I think you're talking about.

IMG_0039.jpg

Bluewater quarry in B'ham has some nice equipment racks. I don't have any pics of them but maybe somebody does.

They are I'm guessing a 6' by 6' platform with decking on top of them. That way 4 people can gear up, one on each side. They are I'm guessing about waist high. In the center of them is a circle hole so you can stick a large umbrella in the hole for shade. They are pretty nice as you can use them as a picnic table between dives, sit on them, shove stuff under them to get it out of the way (like spare tanks, etc).

anyone got pics of these?

mike_s:
Bluewater quarry in B'ham has some nice equipment racks. I don't have any pics of them but maybe somebody does.

They are I'm guessing a 6' by 6' platform with decking on top of them. That way 4 people can gear up, one on each side. They are I'm guessing about waist high. In the center of them is a circle hole so you can stick a large umbrella in the hole for shade. They are pretty nice as you can use them as a picnic table between dives, sit on them, shove stuff under them to get it out of the way (like spare tanks, etc).

Now where talkin tank racks. Hole in the center for an unbrella and able to use them as a table afterwards. :D SWWWEEETT.

mike_s:

Found them on their website. One in the upper right corner seems to be the best
http://www.divealabama.com/pictures.html

Sorry, it looks like I posted the wrong type of rack. I thought you were looking for a drying rack. Doh!

scubapolly:
Found them on their website. One in the upper right corner seems to be the best
http://www.divealabama.com/pictures.html

Ok... good find. (their website generally sucks for information so I never go to it).

They have two types of racks in this picture

1.) In the upper left part of pic is the lower table type gear platform that I was talking about above.
2.) In the right side of pic is a rack that is higher up and more at upper body level.

IM_A0011.jpg

The nice thing about the gear platforms is all the extra room you've got and much more multi purpose.

Note though, at Bluewater all of this is subject to change as they have bull-dozed their building (seen in pic) and are building a new one that is a geodesic dome with a climbing wall inside, coffee shop, etc.)

Of all the racks I have used, I have to say the one thing I wish they would add that no where seems to, is a little ledge to the side where you can safely sit your mask while you are getting into our out of your gear without fear of someone setting their tank on top.

Back
Top Bottom