Gear pockets with BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I much prefer suit integrated pockets, but on the rare occasion I get to use my 2mm suit in warm water, I bring an „IST dive holster“. Works better for me tas DGX tech shorts did because I was between sizes on those and they seemed to just not fit right, seemed way more stretchy than I like (although they worked) and took up more liggage space then the holsters. Those work well enough for me because once in their size range they are very well adjustable and I do not have them sliding around.
I got these and the one time I tried them on a dive I exited from the water with a comic “pants rotated 45 degrees” look LOL. Do you tighten them to till you feel compression on your thighs like a crepe bandage on a strained muscle? I am afraid to cut off blood circulation so I strap them in a bit loose.
Now that I’ve moved to a BP/W setup from BCDs I need to wear them more frequently than before - likely on every dive after I work out what I want to store where…

Back
Top Bottom