Gear Insurance Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use DAN equipment insurance for camera equipment only. I use it as flood insurance. I have asked my homeowners insurance agent about coverage for all my scuba equipment in general and he says my policy covers loss and theft (possibly damage) but I have a deductible to pay and it counts against claim maximum payouts (for the yearly period). Relying on airline coverage for loss is a joke.

DAN does have some rules wrapped around where (when?) the loss/damage is covered so read the fine print.

So basically I use DAN and homeowners policy to cover myself for equipment when diving and not.

I used to insure my camera with DEPP but at that time (and I have not checked recently) they required me to insure several other pieces of gear (like regs, etc) in order to get the policy. I dropped DEPP awhile back.

I have not had to make a claim in decades of travel and have never flooded a camera (fingers crossed). So as with all insurance, I am giving them my money for piece of mind.

Fixed it for you.

There was no need to fix it for me. I am an insurance agent and your gear is your personal property. Personal property is covered in a home or renters insurance policy unless you use the gear for professional work. then you would be covered under you business personal property policy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom