Gear Inspection Costs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. There is a pretty wide range of prices. $220 for a regulator annual, whoa! At that price you could just buy a brand new reg every other year.

In Minnesota I pay $6 for VIP's. The annual on my regulators (first stage and both second stages) is $30 plus parts if necessary. I guess we got it good. Or maybe it's the shop, not sure. $45 also buys me unlimited air fills for a year.

Good, heck you have it exceptionally great!

Just got my regs back from servicing today (different shop).

$50 for parts

$25 for each stage (1 primary, 1 secondary, 1 AIR2)

Total cost: $137.58

Sounds good to me. Thumbs Up. :thumbs_up:

My costs for regs and BC $86

Times three because my kids have their own kits!

Try and do a mail in to Divers Direct in Florida. They have a quality checklist on line that tells you what they will do and modest published prices and they honor warrenty parts. Keep your BC clean and dry inside and out when your dive is done and learn to air test them yourself each time you put it on. Also some regs only get inspected every other year by design.
DP

Just got my regs back from servicing today (different shop).

$50 for parts

$25 for each stage (1 primary, 1 secondary, 1 AIR2)

Total cost: $137.58

Sounds good to me. Thumbs Up. :thumbs_up:

no offense, but that was in New Orleans?

I mean, IS there any
place cheaper in America?

...just asking..

I might be ready to move there, lol. Honestly---I have settled in to service about every year and a half to two years and then just get a new mid-priced regulator, sell the used one for whatever you can get. If you run the numbers, I don't see any other way to justify it.

I service my regs every few years, "few" being used liberally if you know what I mean. :wink:

Hence, I never considered forking over a couple hundred on maintenance a big deal.

I like $137.58 MUCH BETTER, however. The tech even desensitized my AIR2 the way I like it. Gave me a little box with all the replaced parts, too. I heard that *better* shops like to do this to show their customers that they put the work in. Cool beans.

As for New Orleans being *cheap* to live in, most cities in Texas one-up it in that regard. Much better roads, too.:11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom