Gear dolly, one that can roll and be like a sled on sand.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'd rather just carry everything rather than drag a sled in the sand. Dragging in sand can be a lot of work depending on how soft or hard it is packed.

I think fat tires would be the least amount of work. Something like kayak cart wheels.

You might be able to solve your security concern with a bike lock cable if you could thread it through the wheels to make it harder to steal the cart. Depends on how determined the thieves are in your neighborhood. An alternative may be to make friends with a trustworthy looking sunbather who would be willing to keep an eye on the cart.

Can you put the cart in the water as a dive float near shore until you get back? Big wheels for sand and buoyancy, plastic frame for buoyancy. Plus a sand anchor. It depends on the dive site and its shoreline. Add a dive flag so people do not think it is lost and drag it ashore. Being in the water should discourage most casual thieves.

You need the wheels and the water to not mind each other.

we use them (cheap kid's sleds) for dragging animals out of the woods (hunting), snow or just leaves....

Can you put the cart in the water as a dive float near shore until you get back?

Only if i attach to myself as a dive flag. If the current conditions are strong, that "boat" would pull on the diver.

I think it also adds a problem of coming back and not finding the cart because the ocean took it away.

Also, this excluded any casters that are reasonably priced. Any wheels going into water will have to be salt-proof.

I think fat tires would be the least amount of work. Something like kayak cart wheels.

I thought about it but such wheels cost like arm and a leg just for the wheels themselves.
https://smile.amazon.com/StoreYourBoard-Replacement-Balloon-Wheels-Inflatable/dp/B077Y38R4Q/

Plus these wheels suck on asphalt as they wear out on hard surfaces and can easily puncture. Plus, depending on weight, they can also be bogged down by sand. It just means one needs bigger wheels and more money.

An alternative may be to make friends with a trustworthy looking sunbather who would be willing to keep an eye on the cart.

I usually go for a 2.5hour dive. I'd hate to poll the beach who is there to stay for that long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom