Gear config, Long primary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjchandler:
No one was suggesting to do 40 min at 100ft. on an AL80. Soggy's point was that he beleved he wuold have 40 min available at that depth if he use 32%( i assume - that is the GUE standard) so why should he use a tank that limited him to a shorter time.

Soggys dive plan with a 1 min. stop at 70 feet and a slow assent still means soggy takes a hit!! and now everyone one the boat is trying to save soggys life. I'm useing soggys posted dive plan, stops and all.this plan in doubles still comes up as a hit.

cornfed:
How was it presented in your class?

Rock Bottom:
30ft/min accent, 1min @ 30, 20 and 10. All based on RVM of 1cf/min/diver.

Turn:
Turn is based on the dive in question, and is one of 3 things.
- Can surface anywhere, at anytime.
Turn = RB
- Would like to return to start point, but not required.
Turn = Start - ((Start - RB) / 2)
- Required to return to start point.
Turn = Start - ((Start - RB) / 3)

I personaly think the last one is overhead and should be treated as such. Ei: get overhead training.

FreeFloat:
I know the ascent included 1 min stops at 30/20/10', besides the 30fpm ascent rate and the stop at 70.

There was no 70 foot or other deep stop mentioned in our DIR-F.

I do incorperate that into my own dive planning tho. I personaly feel 1@30, 20 and 10 is kinda nuts on an NDL limit deep dive.

JimC:
Rock Bottom:
30ft/min accent, 1min @ 30, 20 and 10. All based on RVM of 1cf/min/diver.
That's what I remember.

novadiver:
Soggys dive plan with a 1 min. stop at 70 feet and a slow assent still means soggy takes a hit!! and now everyone one the boat is trying to save soggys life. I'm useing soggys posted dive plan, stops and all.this plan in doubles still comes up as a hit.

I think you are misreading Soggy's rock bottom calc as a dive plan. But I think he would prefer to defend himself - or not bother.

artw:
I dont recall being told to do a stop at 70 in the class.
I'm probably thinking of something else. I'd consult my Wetnotes but they're in my pocket which is currently drying from last night's dive while I'm away at work :D

rjchandler:
I think you are misreading Soggy's rock bottom calc as a dive plan. But I think he would prefer to defend himself - or not bother.

eather way 40 min at 100 feet with 32% o2 is still a deco dive , rock bottom or not this is still going to hurt! or does everyone think blowing off a deco stop is OK. I don't even want to think about a repetitive dive with only a short SI.
Unless that dive is to 20 for 1 hour ,that way the whole 2nd dive soggy will be off gassing from the first dive.

JimC:
Well, not all of us would agree on your accent profile, and thus rock bottom allocation. Aperently Stephen dousn't, I don't. I know thats not the way we determined RB in my DIR-F.

FYI, the powerpoint for DIR-F is in the process of being changed. Currently, it shows a 6 minute ascent from 100ft and will be changed to a 9 minute ascent to include the profile I listed. If you stop and think about how the profiles work, you'll see that the one GUE has in the PPT presentations is wrong. This is what was told to me by a GUE instructor, but don't take my word for it...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom