Gear bags vs Hardcases

How do you transport your gear to dive sites?

• Pelican Hard Cases

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Rubbermaid

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Dive gear bags

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • Generic Duffle Bags

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other... Please explain in post

Votes: 12 13.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
I own and use the Akona roller backpack. Nice bag but kinda small on the insides. Especially since my collection of gear seems to get bigger by the day. then you also gotta worry about havbing your back crushed by other on a dive boat. I'm thinking about getting a Big Rubber Maid kind of box? Any suggestions? What is every one else out here using?

A big blue bucket from Walmart.Thought it was a great idea when I saw my buddys.*shrug*Went on boat dive the other night.Think I counted 4 or 5 buckets.

I use my old foot locker from the when i was in the military in canada, 20x23x12

Kinda like a composite of fiberglass and plastic

Scubaddawg

CampMor for $9...I put my Cordura dive bag full of gear inside.

The duffle is pretty battered and has patches sewn over the numerous travel scars. Looks like checked baggage from a homeless person...

No one even looks twice at it...

For local lake dives, I toss everything into a big Rubbermaid-type bin and haul that in the car.

The gear is in a mesh duffle bag, which sits in a 30 gallon Rubbermaid container to catch the water when the gear's wet. The lid lies beside it, and holds tanks and weights. It saves teh carpet in the trunk.

The container doubles as a rinse tub when I get home.

Marc :jester:

I use a big rubbermaid rough tote

but I have noticed that the charter captains/crew tend to grumble a lot about them, I think because they can't cram as many into a small space :wink:

I have a Deep Outdoors tropical traveler that works well. I might switch to a pair of duffel bags because once I load everything in including weights, it becomes heavier than I'm comfortable lifting and carrying for those surfaces/stairs that I can't use the wheels on. With two bags, no one bag will be more than 30 lbs and thus possibly easier to carry when needed. The drawback is that with no rollers, I'll have to carry them everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom