Gear bag company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CA Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know the name and contact number of the company that was at teh Long Beach, CA dive show selling gear bags that had been designed for the special forces. The booth was in the last row away from the entrance against the wall.

The bags looked like a quality bag at a good price. I lost the card and might be interested in buying one.

Probably Dura-Bags (now AmerSea). http://www.amer-sea.com. They've got a bag called the SEAL bag, but their website tells more about it. The guy who runs the distributorship, Mike, is a real nice guy. Call him and he'll tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the company. I've got the SEAL bag, as well as one of their older back inflate BCD and some other stuff - Love it. Wonderful gear, incredible service. I've had the bag and the BCD for 9 years. Never had any issues.

A little background. Dura-Bags made cordura and nylon bags as well as custom sewing before getting into the "dive" equipment business. They used to do all the sewing for Dive rite and I think Zeagle. I don't believe Zeagle uses them any more, but Dive Rite still does.

Great stuff, great price! And they discount pretty well if there is no dealer in you area.

Cortez,

Thanks for the tip but that is not the company.

XS Scuba has made some REALLY nice stuff. With their recent acquisition of IDI, you can expect even more awesome products in their catalog. Sorry I didn't think of this earlier... I even work for an XS Scuba dealer... I don't think they've ever made anything for the US Military though.

so sweet thanks. i did not know dura bags changed names, i got the seal one(although it wasent called that when i got it) over 12 years ago and it is still great shape except for a zipper tab broke in half but still works fine just harder to grip. and i need to do some minor stitching on the pad that covers the arm strap. if not for that you would almost swear it was new. But i have been looking to get another for a long time to have for a spare but i couldent find the company, thought they went out of business..... so happy to find them again...

and made in the U.S. is the big plus :bounce:

edit btw first post......lol.... hello all :54:

2nd edit... also it has been the best bag i have ever owned and very comfy and will store a whole lot

Back
Top Bottom