Gear advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Lucas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking at buying the following:

Complete high end scuba system for sale, has only been in the water a
couple of times. All high end equipment. (bought in 2001)
Scuba pro MK20 regulator with Scubapro G200B octopus
Men's med/large Zeagle Ranger BC with integrated weight system
(weights included 40 lbs, 5 & 2.5 lb increments)
Oceanic Datamaz Pro Plus dive computer (Nitrox compatible)

Is this good gear and does anyone know how much it would be worth.

I am looking at buying the following:

Complete high end scuba system for sale, has only been in the water a
couple of times. All high end equipment. (bought in 2001)
Scuba pro MK20 regulator with Scubapro G200B octopus
Men's med/large Zeagle Ranger BC with integrated weight system
(weights included 40 lbs, 5 & 2.5 lb increments)
Oceanic Datamaz Pro Plus dive computer (Nitrox compatible)

Is this good gear and does anyone know how much it would be worth.

Well, the ranger is a great BC.. and the datamax pro plus is pretty nice...

I hope the MK20 has been updated...see this:

Scubapro Recalls MK 20 Scuba Regulators for Service

You should have another name for the second stage.. the MK20 is the first stage.

What is it worth.. well assuming the computer worked.. and the MK20 was updated and not cracked and the bc held air...it would depend on what you are willing to pay and the selling willing to take.

Don't mean to be too tough, but while it is easy to get reasonable Ebay prices on each item, it still comes down to what you think it is worth.

Even if it is in near perfect condition, you will still have to pay to have the reg serviced... and maybe the bc inflator (not a lot there)....

I think if you look at around 1/2 the retail price at the time... that would be a good starting point.

It's all good quality equipment although a little old- 8 years. Not that there is anything wrong with older equipment- I don't have anything that young... but age does come into the value equation. You should have the reg serviced- that is going to be in the $125-150 range so that needs to be considered into your decision. I would think a fair price, assuming the gear is in good working order would be somewhere around 1/2 the online new price. I say online because online prices can be considerably less than at a local shop. It would not make sense to me to buy it for say 1/2 the new price at a LDS when you could buy similar new gear online for almost the same amount.

I am looking at buying the following: ... All high end equipment. (bought in 2001) Scuba pro MK20 regulator with Scubapro G200B octopus, Men's med/large Zeagle Ranger BC with integrated weight system, (weights included 40 lbs, 5 & 2.5 lb increments), Oceanic Datamaz Pro Plus dive computer (Nitrox compatible) ... Is this good gear and does anyone know how much it would be worth.
The specific items represent reasonably 'good' gear. Four questions to consider / ask: 1) As Puffer Fish mentioned, the SP Mk20 first stages were the subject of a recall (in 2006). If this reg was 'bought in 2001' it would have been included in the recalled units. Has the seller had the recall parts replacement work done? 2) The Ranger is a good BC. Does a med/large fit YOU? 3) Is the sale local, as 40 lbs of weight is not something to be easily (or, at least, inexpensively, shipped? 4) Does the computer work? The gear is 8 years old, I would pay up to $550 for the lot, if the recall work has been done, the computer works and the BCD fits.

Back
Top Bottom