G'day from Melbourne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Saspotato, Welcome to Scubaboard. I'm doing the same dives at 12lb Reef & South Channel Fort on Monday (I too am with Scuba Culture - Great Dive club). I tried looking up on Dive Vic site about the dives, but it seems the Dive Vic web site has changed and they no longer give information about the dive sites in the Bay.

I found some info about dive sites here: Scuba Diving Point Phillip Bay Victoria

I can't recognise you from your pic but I'll look out for the yellow fins ;-)

See you at Queenscliff on Monday

It's been a while since I've dived 12lb reef, so can't really say too much about it. South Channel fort is a nice dive. It's tempting to go swimming off around the sides of the island, but usually the best diving is hanging around the pier. There's usually plenty of little critters hanging about amongst the pylons.

Hi Scuba Rosh!

Cool to meet someone else here from Scuba Culture! :) Yea I did my Open Water course with them very recently and found the instructors great (Kate + Andrew if you know them). I am new so don't really know anyone else from the club other than my Open Water class and the people in the shop...

Haha, actually my profile pic is from a few years ago from an overseas dive so borrowed fins... my real ones are purple :wink:

Tks for the site too, I will check it out~~

I'll look out for Purple fins on the boat tomorrow :) mine are the blue ones. I'm heading up to SC later this morning to pick up my tanks (I'll be diving Nitrox).

Looks like it's going to be a great day for a dive, looking forward to meeting you.

Almity, I would be showing hundreds of pics if it wasn't for the fact that I dropped my 'negative bouancy' Olympus camera plus housing while diving in Pt Lonsdale just before Christmas.

I think the wobbygongs,Old Wifes & Boar fish are all having fun at 10 mts taking pics of each other with my camera :)

You want pictures? You got pictures! These are from my dive today (with Dive Vic :) ). Was supposed to be a site called "Spot A" on the wall, but we had to change due to a great big container ship wanting to drive over our dive site.

Ended up going to Foggy Reef (actually about 50m off the Foggy Reef co-ords). Awesome dive. The vis was around 10m or so where we were alongside the wall down between 25m and 35m for most of the dive. On ascent the tide was changing, and the silt came as we rose above the wall, but the dive was over then anyway. Some huge overhangs covered in sponges, and plenty of Blue Devils as to be expected in that area of the bay.

This was my drysuit's first dive after patching up a 1cm tear in my wrist seal with a bike tube patch. Worked a treat.

Here's the pics. Or go to Mark’s Stuff » Melbourne.

1. One my best blue devil pics to date
IMGP1490.jpg

2. Beautiful soft coral perched on the edge of the wall
IMGP1493.jpg

3. I've never seen this before. Looks like some small shellfish perched on this fish. I had my flash cranked all the way to 11 shooting something else, and this cam swimming by in a hurry. I only just managed to focus and fire, let alone toning down the strobe, so its a tad over exposed :)
IMGP1495.jpg

4. And a 100% crop of the above pit
IMGP1495-2.jpg

5. Sea star chillin' out in a sponge
IMGP1496.jpg

6. Horseshoe leatherjacket under a large, very colourful ledge
IMGP1501.jpg

8. And what would a dive in the bay be without a magpie perch?
IMGP1502.jpg

thanks!!

i must admit, im partial to the pretty fish so love the blue devil and the Horseshoe leatherjacket fish!!

ive actually had a dry weekend myself for a change..... hopefully that will change next weekend!

I'm doing the Coogee this Saturday with DV from Portsea if anyone's interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom