gauges and Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solentdiver

Reaction score
This could well be a stupid question, I assume that an O2 clean reg also requires an O2 clean pressure gauge, however you never seem to see them for sale! is this because they are not available and that you get your own cleaned? or that perhaps this isn't necessary? All points of view welcome!!!!!

It isn't so much the gauge, but the hose that needs to be O2 clean. Your LSD should do this when they O2 clean your reg.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

Uncle Pug:
They say that there are no stupid questions... just stupid answers... so I'm going to watch the fun. :D
Yes this topic never fails to get the adrenaline flowing.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

{ScubaRon: my post wasn't directed at yours... the time stamps are seconds apart.}
{solentdiver: it is a good question... and the answers are likely to be "entertaining."}
{WeldingShopOwner: pay attention to the answers and you won't be blowing yourself up every other week.}

Uncle Pug:
They say that there are no stupid questions... just stupid answers... so I'm going to watch the fun. :D

Well if there is no such thing as stupid questions then there is no such thing as trolling.

solentdiver:
This could well be a stupid question, I assume that an O2 clean reg also requires an O2 clean pressure gauge, however you never seem to see them for sale! is this because they are not available and that you get your own cleaned? or that perhaps this isn't necessary? All points of view welcome!!!!!

Solentdiver-

You didn't mention what FO2 content your gas will have. Is your question for Recreational Mixes ( <40% ) or Tech/Deco Mixes of up to 100%?

Uncle Pug, my best friend works at Lubrizol (Fortune 500 Lubricant Manufacturer) up here in Cleveland. I get samples now and then and their chemists forwarded a lubricant they use in O2 clean equipment. Guess what, it's silicon based. This should scare the O2 crowd.

The reg will mainly be used for mixes under 40%, but I would like the option of going higher for deco on occasion. Seems that this thread will be quite entertaining!!!!

Back
Top Bottom