Gauge configuration help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillNH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi gang,

I currently have a 3 gauge Aeris Atmos 2 setup and I am looking to upgrade to a wrist mount computer(most likely a Veo3) and I am wondering how to handle the pressure gauge ? Meaning, I want to have a compass and the Veo, not being AI, will need a pressure gauge as well. I looked at the 2 gauge models(there are not many) with compass/pressure and that is an option. The other option is to get a small single pressure gauge and a separate compass, either on a lanyard or a wrist mount. I would rather not have a wrist mount as I dive with a watch and will have a wrist mount computer as well. What do you all use in this situation ? Suggestions ?

Thanks
Bil

Brass and glass spg on 24 inch hose. Dive computer and watch on right arm. Bottom timer and compass on left arm.
Reason being is that the info you need for uw nav most is time, depth, and direction. Having it all in a line on my wrist makes it very easy and convenient.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

My suggestion would be similar to Jim's, though I keep my compass on a retractor rather than my other arm. It offers the same benefits. I also don't like the bulky console anyway and prefer to spread things out. I can leave my spg attached for occaisional checking and have the stuff that needs constant attention for navigation at my fingertips, so to speak.

It's really not too difficult to put two gauges on one arm, so you could have your watch and computer on your right, and the compass on your left.

Just put the computer and watch on right wrist/forearm, compass on left wrist, and SPG clipped to a left D ring in a way so it can be read without unclipping.

Just make sure you like to dive in whatever posture the layout dictates. Our local diving usually entails frequent compass views.

Back
Top Bottom