Gathering Ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you have a big problem with a lot of simple solutions. I would spend $200 on a dss system and put lead weights onto the backplate by using plastic straps whilst waiting for postage. Or buy a pocket belt and put one weight in it.

I have a bp/w from dss, now my problem is i'm underweight by around 4lbs. I was told by tobin from dss to just wear a weight belt, a dealer here in the Philippines said what he does is put lead weights onto the backplate by using plastic straps.

Maybe you have an idea on how to add that 4lbs. onto the backplate, I really don't want to wear a weight belt coz for me that is one of the reason why i bought a bp/w.

any great idea will be very much appreciated

I started with plastic straps and weights. I thought that for rec diving (i use the bpw for tec and rec) a weight system has to dumpable. What I did is grab a pair of oceanic integrated weight pockets and cut them off so just the pocket was left. I took off all the buckles, etc.

Then I made holes on the pockets and straped them to the back of the plate (between the wing and the plate) using plastic ties. I did put the velcro looking downward.

I used this "Replacement QLR 2 Weight Integrated Pockets for current style Outrigger, Probe, Flex, Isla, OceanPro and OceanPro FX. Includes 2 (10 lbs.) pockets" google it.

This way I have a dumpable integrated weight system that does not use space in the chest or hips. For me it works just perfect!! Hope this helps....

Back
Top Bottom