Gathering a group for Cocos with Argo on 10-20 September 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I’m gathering my gang to go to Cocos on 10-20 September 2020 with Argo liveaboard, Welcome to the Undersea Hunter Group, Cocos Island

We split a free of charge spot to 10 of us, so everyone gets 10% off. Some of us have a change of plan. So now those spots are available for grab.

It is a fantastic trip. I did it last year, as show in this Cocos Diving Trip Report, 17 -27 September, 2018

If you like to see all kinds of sharks, close encounter with scalloped hammerheads, go down to 1000 feet (300 m) in a submarine, this is your chance. Here are some pictures I took on the last trip there:

fGH010584.jpg
fM1834630.JPG
fM1834704.JPG
hGH010302.jpg
fGH010259.jpg
jGH010353b.jpg
nM1835009.JPG

Cocos is a beautiful island in eastern Pacific, as shown in this drone picture (courtesy of Undersea Hunter Group).

4Cocos overview.jpg

Argo also carries a 3-man submarine, called DeepSee to take divers to 1000 feet (300 m) depth for addition cost. I took this once-in-a-lifetime experience on that trip last year, as shown, below.

c21537554287384.jpg

Below are some of my videos from that trips:

https://youtu.be/zt3qW2VySe4

So, this is your turn to do it. :D

If you are interested in joining my gang, please send me a PM or contact Tim Yeo of Bluewater Dive Travel | Scuba diving travel, dive news and travel specials. He has setup a webpage for this trip: 2020 September Cocos Trip

Here is David Attenborough talks about underwater seamount near Cocos Island in Blue Planet, BBC Earth. Why the area is teaming with fish.

:D

I like to promote this trip, not only because it's a great trip, but also they have great crew, especially the cruise director (CD), Juan Manuel, who made the trip a lot more fun. He's such a comedian. We had good laughs after dinners watching his presentations and listening to his jokes. I request Undersea Hunter Group for him to return as CD for this trip.

Here is another perspective of Cocos diving, made by Steve Townend, who was in the same 17-27 September, 2018 trip with me on Argo liveaboard. He put together this video while we were still on the boat. We watched it on our journey back to Puntarenas. Simply amazing!

What's the cost per person, and how many spaces are available?

What's the cost per person, and how many spaces are available?

Thanks for your inquiry.

The cost per person will be $5650 after the group discount ($795 off the $6445 list price). Please be aware of additional cost that will apply to all liveaboards going to Cocos, those are:
1. $490 park fee to protect the marine area from illegal fishing.
2. $100 ground & marine transportation from San José to pier & return, as shown here: 2020 September Cocos Trip

$700 deposit per person is needed to book your spot. There are few people have expressed interest, but have not committed with the $700 deposit, yet. As of to date, there are 6 spots are still available for grab.

Thanks for your inquiry.

The cost per person will be $5650 after the group discount ($795 off the $6445 list price). Please be aware of additional cost that will apply to all liveaboards going to Cocos, those are:
1. $490 park fee to protect the marine area from illegal fishing.
2. $100 ground & marine transportation from San José to pier & return, as shown here: 2020 September Cocos Trip

$700 deposit per person is needed to book your spot. There are few people have expressed interest, but have not committed with the $700 deposit, yet. As of to date, there are 6 spots are still available for grab.

What is the expected tip to the crew?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom