$450-$795 off for Cocos with Argo on September 10-20, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I still have 3 spots available for September 10-20, 2021, trip to Cocos on Argo. You’ll get $450 off / spot. If I can get the 3 spots filled, then, everyone in my group of 10 (including me) would get additional $345 off. So, a total of $795 for each of us.

This trip is a rescheduled trip from last year. The link to the original post is shown, below.

I hope you can join us. I had a lot of fun on my first trip to Cocos on Argo in September, 2018. That’s why I would like to repeat it.

Gathering a group for Cocos with Argo on 10-20 September 2020

I got a message from my travel agent about entry requirements for Costa Rica, below. Basically if you are vaccinated, you are exempt from purchasing Health Insurance that would cover for Covid.

“Hi everyone,

Hope you are all excited for your upcoming trip to Cocos aboard the Argo next month.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

Here are the current entry requirements for Costa Rica, please make sure to read it thoroughly:

https://www.visitcostarica.com/en/costa-rica/statement-costa-rica-tourism-board-covid-19

Basically all tourists must either purchase a health insurance that would cover for Covid (if not fully vaccinated and capable of uploading proof of full vaccination to the Health App), either with 2 Costa Rican insurance companies (link to these insurances is included in this link), or an international insurance that would cover and certify in writing what the Costa Rican Government requires for entry. (See details inside above link)

An online Health Pass (App Questionnaire) must be filled out in order to enter the country too. You must upload the health insurance to this app or in its defect, proof of being fully vaccinated.

If cleared, then a QR code will be produced, which all tourists must download, as it is a vital requirement to be allowed in to show this QR Code at Customs with the green light that the person has been approved for entry.

BOARDING REQUIREMENTS

Although the Costa Rica government is no longer asking for a PCR Molecular Covid test to enter, the boat does request that all passengers get a PCR Molecular Test and send it via email with the negative result, so that we can have a safe bubble on board.

This applies to fully vaccinated passengers as well. Sending the PCR test results is now also a requirement from the Park Authorities for all Cocos Island tourists and crew, including those that are vaccinated.

The test should be done in the neighborhood of 72 hours to 48 prior to your flight if you arrive shortly before the trip sails. Up to 4 days 5 maximum prior to the expedition is ok to get tested, but more than this is not, as it increases exposure to contagion drastically. Please send the test results at least one day prior to departure in order to board the shuttle from San Jose.

If you are arriving in Costa Rica for a longer period before the trip to Cocos, you can get the test done 24-48 hours before the trip for about $100 and get results in less than 48 hours.

Here is a link with full details of where to get your PCR test in Costa Rica:

Where to Get a Covid-19 Test in Costa Rica - Two Weeks in Costa Rica

DEPARTURE REQUIREMENTS

-As there are now new requirements for a PCR test for reentry to many countries, please make sure you take this into account to coordinate return flight logistics in accordance and please make sure to be clear of your reentry requirements with your airlines, as nowadays they are constantly changing and are different for each country.

SJO Airport now offers on site testing for antigen ($65), 24 hour PCR ($99), and 3 hour quick PCR ($240).

You must make your appointment here:

Morpho Travel Retail and Echandi laboratories: Covid PCR and Antigen test

The boat can drop you off at the airport at 10.30 AM after the expedition.

NOTE that there are long lines to get tested at this lab stand at the airport, and that it is 400 meters away from Departures.

If you are staying on in Costa Rica after the trip, some hotels are even offering the service of getting the test at the hotel for an extra cost. Check if your hotel offers this.

Here are the boat’s Covid19 protocols during the expedition and for the transfer:

News - #DiveSafe Dive Cocos | Safety COVID-19 Protocols

--

Tim Yeo
Bluewater Travel | www.bluewaterdivetravel.com
3961 Sepulveda Blvd Suite 206, Culver City, CA 90230
Phone 310-915-6677 | Text 424-272-1927 | Fax 310-943-1706
PADI Staff Instr 488378 | SDI Inst Trainer 15411”

Just got a bad news a minute ago that this trip has been cancelled due to the pandemic.

Message from my travel agent, Tim Yeo of Bluewater Dive Travel:
“The trip that just got back had someone test positive for covid, so the entire crew is on quarantine by the order of the Ministry of Health, and they are unable to run the next couple trips due to the quarantine. Very unfortunate for everyone involved, including yourself.”

Sorry Dan.

Reactions: Dan
Sorry Dan.
First time it happened to me in 16 years of diving. I lost $100 for flight cancellation fee. The hotel reservation cancellation fee is none since it is cancelled in more than 1 day before check-in date.

I’ll check with Dive Assure if I can get the flight cancellation fee reimbursed.

Undersea Hunter gives me 2 options to take:
1. Full refund
2. Reschedule at same cost + $1500 credit for the inconvenience.

I chose option 1.

Back
Top Bottom