Gas station scam today.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way up where? There's no gas station in the north part of the island.

Way up where? There's no gas station in the north part of the island.

Way up the streets into the big numbers at outskirts of town. Inland on the tourist loop road. Pemex gas on Ave Juarez between 90 y 95th. Might be the first gas station coming into town if you drove the island counter clockwise.

Cheers,
Cameron

Way up the streets into the big numbers at outskirts of town. Inland on the tourist loop road. Pemex gas on Ave Juarez between 90 y 95th. Might be the first gas station coming into town if you drove the island counter clockwise.
I.e., the wrong way. :D

I like the loop counter-clockwise since it allows some beautiful ocean views from the old road, heading south from Caleta. Do miss grabbing a torta from Camaron Dorado...

I'd read about that station in the newspaper. Some federal gas station review found fraudulent activity there, too. Didn't get the "up" reference and wanted to be sure there wasn't another I need to avoid.

I've had problems with the station discussed above. If you make the loop counter clockwise it's the first one you come to as your coming back into San Miguel Swiped credit card then stated the machine not working. Paid cash and had the credit card charge show up as well. Disputed it with CC company and did not have to pay twice.

Northside of the transversal road? There is one on the south side of the tranversal road too now right? Which is technically the first one? I only made one Mesquilitos run last time.

The newer one on the southside is the problem one.

You mean staying on the land? Agreed.
We like going clockwise. We are usually at Mescalito's about the time it opens; many times we are their first customers of the day. I can usually hook the ring on my 10th try or so.

The biggest improvement on the "wild side" is Punta Morena; it has replaced Chen Rio as our customary lunch stop, in part because the flies are so bad at Chen Rio. For many years Punta Morena was practically a ruin but the new management has poured a lot of money into the place and their whole fried fish is every bit as good as Chen Rio's.

As you maybe can tell from my avatar, I am a Solar Guy. Punta Morena is powered by an off grid PV system. Cool.

Back
Top Bottom