Gas prices after 9/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
After the 9/11 tragedy, the prices of gasoline was known to really get out of hand, as shown in this photo:

Although this is funny picture...The truth is quite the opposite..For some reason the price of Gas here in NJ has plumetted since 9/11. It is even as low as $0.85!!

Doesn't make much sense to me seeing how as we are burning up so much oil on war efforts PLUS waging a war quite near oil producing countries...

Why ask why just enjoy...

ST

Funny Mike.
I cross the border to Indiana to buy gas. ( It's only 7 miles away.)
It's 97 cents there and 1.20 in Chicago. I try to save where I can. Kinda like drinking a diet coke with my chocolate cake.

:gorgeous:

Wow - $1.72 is pretty high for you guys on the mainland.

However, until about a month ago, regular unleaded out here was going for about $1.93 a gallon. It had been really high for a long time - and just kept getting higher and higher. Just recently it's gone as low as $1.68 a gallon - an occurrence that I thought was pretty awesome!

I guess that's part of the cost of living in paradise - and now we know why my scuba-mobile is a Toyota Corolla - anything bigger would probably bankrupt me! :D

Darn, I hate to say it but I can remember when gas was 18.9 cents per gallon. All it took was a buck to get enough for a wild night out on the town (especially if my GF and I were just "parked" if you youngsters know what I mean). It's running about $4.00 per gallon here on the island.

My neighbor had a go-cart and mini bike when I was 10. We used to fill a gallon milk carton at the gas station for a quarter and ride all day in the gravel parking lot of the church across the street. These days, it costs .25 just to drive across the street.

Jeez, I guess the current cost of gas must be a fascinating topic for me, because I open this thread and find a post that I wrote over 4 years ago.

I guess it's time to update my whine about the current cost of gas, which is now over $2.60 per gallon for regular. :wink:

I no longer drive a Toyota Corrolla, though. Luckily I am not yet bankrupt.

chepar:
Wow - $1.72 is pretty high for you guys on the mainland.

However, until about a month ago, regular unleaded out here was going for about $1.93 a gallon. It had been really high for a long time - and just kept getting higher and higher. Just recently it's gone as low as $1.68 a gallon - an occurrence that I thought was pretty awesome!

I guess that's part of the cost of living in paradise - and now we know why my scuba-mobile is a Toyota Corolla - anything bigger would probably bankrupt me! :D

Where was it under $2.00 at? It hasn't been under $2.00 in over a year (on base which is usually the cheapest). It is still at $2.57 and is suppose to go up .12 on Monday. Guess I need to start buying my gas elsewhere (where Chepar gets hers).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom