Gas management seminar ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've already been contacted by a professional media person who happened upon this thread and wants to do the video. Gotta go tidy up the garage/fill station a bit first. Don't worry... no tight shorts and no cars in the back ground.

Uncle Pug:
Well Bob and I could sit in my garage and talk about gas management while OE2X videoed it.

Do you suppose we could sell if for $60? :D

maybe if you have some "plum exposure" going on :)

Can you make a video of this, so that I can buy it??? Oops, didn't read the previous posts. Add me to the list.

Actually Jesse James from "Monster Garage" has said that he will be in the background while Uncle Pug and Bob lecture. He'll turn a '78 Chevette into a dive boat. Talk about gas management.:D

NWGratefulDiver:
This question is geared mostly to the less experienced divers out there ...

I'd like to get a read on whether there's interest in putting together a short (approximately 1 to 1.5 hours), informal seminar on air management. I would most likely be offering it at 5th Dimension in Issaquah.

The seminar would cover things like ...

- why applying basic air management technique is crucial to safe diving
- how to calculate your SAC rate in psi per minute
- the relationship between pressure and volume, how to convert from one to the other for your tank, and why you would want to know how to do this
- how to determine turn pressure and rock bottom (in psi) for your dive plan
- how to calculate the amount of air you will need for the dive you're planning to do

About half the seminar would be devoted to presentation ... the other half would be devoted to working through examples and answering questions.

I currently teach this stuff in my AOW ... but I find that a lot of divers really don't know (or apply) much in the way of air management technique beyond "end the dive with 500 psi" ... and even that without really knowing how to do it.

Would there be any general interest in this sort of a seminar? And would you be willing to pay a nominal cost ... say, $20 ... to attend it?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob,

How often do you hold these seminars and how full are they? I just stumbled across this thread and as coincidence would have it I was busy setting up a trail of this very thing for the shop I work for.

Care to share your notes with me?

R..

Diver0001:
Bob,

How often do you hold these seminars and how full are they? I just stumbled across this thread and as coincidence would have it I was busy setting up a trail of this very thing for the shop I work for.

Care to share your notes with me?

R..

PM sent ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

For those who have expressed an interest in the gas management seminar ... I'll be doing it on Thursday, August 25 at Fifth Dimension in Issaquah.

Drop by the shop if you can make it ... I'll be starting at 6 PM.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you plan another of these classes, can you post it here? I'm interested but can't make it on the 25th.

Thanks.

NWGratefulDiver:
For those who have expressed an interest in the gas management seminar ... I'll be doing it on Thursday, August 25 at Fifth Dimension in Issaquah.

Drop by the shop if you can make it ... I'll be starting at 6 PM.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Correction ... I'll be starting the seminar at 7 PM ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom