Gas for Hyperbaric treatment ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok, I'm building a dive pool from a 20,000 gallon fiberglass storage tank turned on it end standing up.. .. 10' feet round and 25' long... I'm looking at 15' to 18' of water depth and want to use surface gas for treatments... I don't think I'll need 100% O2 .. Thinking more of a deco mix of 70/30 or 80/20 for 20 to 30 minutes at the bottom...

What do you guys think is the best way to do this... I have no place to get mixed gas, So I'll need to set this up as a total in house deal... I have MS and a few other things going on and need to have Hyperbaric treatments at the house...

Jim....

Last edited:
What would be cool is digging a 25' deep hole, 10' round and putting your tank in there and then filling it to say 20-24'.. THAT would be bad ass.. Must go look now for a storage tank..

100% is considered generally safe at 15-18' if you are not active. And 100% is pretty easy to get almost anywhere and could be fed surface supplied to a FFM (in case it isn't safe) from the rental cylinders if this is for treatment and not scuba practice stuff.

What would be cool is digging a 25' deep hole, 10' round and putting your tank in there and then filling it to say 20-24'.. THAT would be bad ass.. Must go look now for a storage tank..

That's what I'm doing... Putting 18 feet in the ground and building a deck in the tank... All enclosed and heated....

Jim...

100% is considered generally safe at 15-18' if you are not active. And 100% is pretty easy to get almost anywhere and could be fed surface supplied to a FFM (in case it isn't safe) from the rental cylinders if this is for treatment and not scuba practice stuff.

I'm going to try and get the VA to give me the O2... That would be the cheapest and best deal I think..

Jim..

You'd want a bailout pony with you in the pool for this too.

How are you going to keep the water reasonably clean?

I assume that you are under the care of a physician who approves of your treatment approach.

Fiberglass tanks designed for horizontal use may not have the hoop strength to withstand being filled with water while on end. Vertical tanks are available, might take some doing to find one in that size.

The tank is 1" thick and hooped every 4'.... I have a tank installer that gave me the tank and is doing the install planning... It will be heated and filtered just like any other swimming pool.. It's just deep and not a lot of room for swimming laps.. yes, I'll have a bailout bottle on the bottom with me... But , I think after 40+ years of diving... I should be able to do a free assent from 12' - 14'...

Jim...

Let me know when you have it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom