Gas Colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have found and repaired many chlorine leaks. Do not count on seeing a that greenish yellow cloud.

Basic chemistry for the person who posted that gas does not have color. Though he may have been referring to helium? Just some objective information from a reliable source...nothing to do with actually seeing chlorine gas at that level of concentration. Nasty stuff that chlorine.

Additionally, as per the original poster - who cares if it goes off-topic? 3/4 of the stuff here is most for entertainment value anyway. If you want true congruency look elsewhere, or lobby the industry yourself for a relevant color...which by itself is nonsense anyway.

X

SO...Ahh...Uh...Humm..

All this quick wit that was freely offered and still no one is able to answer the original question..

"Hay 100ydacvp, to my knowledge no one has come up with a color yet to distinguish between Trimix and EAN or even air yet. but if you come up with an idea just post your idea and a jpeg here on scubaboard and get a feel for it, just remember people steal ideas.

that's all that was needed, but as usual you people get so caught up with yourselves its sad.

Just thinking here..

So if one thinks of diving with air, we normally go with the red & white dive color.

If we dive out of country, it's the blue & white international color..

If we go nitrox, than it's green & yellow...

has anyone come up with a Trimix color yet?

While the question may sound simple to you? Nobody knows what you're talking about. Are you referring to tank markings? Dive Flags? Tank Colors?

If you weren't vague, you would get more help.

SO...Ahh...Uh...Humm..

All this quick wit that was freely offered and still no one is able to answer the original question..

why do people offer useless knowledge and banter and get so off topic with stuff that no one really cares to know about.

Just a simple:

"Hay 100ydacvp, to my knowledge no one has come up with a color yet to distinguish between Trimix and EAN or even air yet. but if you come up with an idea just post your idea and a jpeg here on scubaboard and get a feel for it, just remember people steal ideas.

that's all that was needed, but as usual you people get so caught up with yourselves its sad.

Try answering the questions being asked here, meant to clarify your question, and you'll likely get the information you are looking for, for example the questions MartianBeerPig offered. No offense, but your original post was clear as mud...:confused:

The color for trimix is a sort of yellowish brownish greenish runny looking color. I also have no idea what you were asking. Whoever told you that flag color determined what type of gas was being used was getting ready to say "Here's your sign" in the next breath. Kind of like when we would get the local wierd kid to go to the auto parts store and ask for muffler bearings. If I were you I'd go back to your source and smack him in the face. And my tank color for any gas I'm diving is galvanized grey steel. What tells them apart is the white duct tape with the mix, MOD, and date on them.

Basic chemistry for the person who posted that gas does not have color.

S.B.D.

why do people offer useless knowledge and banter and get so off topic with stuff that no one really cares to know about.... but if you come up with an idea just post your idea and a jpeg here on scubaboard and get a feel for it, just remember people steal ideas.

Picture15-1.png

The problem might be that your OP really wasn't clear....Was that what you were asking?

(See above quote)
Picture29.png

Kind of like when we would get the local wierd kid to....

When you would get the local weird kid... Jim- I'm trying to picture that just by using your thumbnail image :rofl3:

Gas is colorless. Couldn't help myself.

Try Cancun on a Sunday morning dive. Stand at the end of the boat. Just before you pass out, notice that hazy green cloud?

are you talking about flags or cylinder markings?

Ask HowardE, he had it figured out for sure, and then again, maybe he changed his mind.

Just thinking here...has anyone come up with a Trimix color yet?

Look, it's obvious. There's an endless off-gassing here on SB as to what kind of diving is defined as "Technical Diving'.
images-15.jpg
Let's face it, when you suck on anything that makes you talk like Donald Duck , you're either doing LSD or TriMix.

Let's assume that you're not diving in California, so that means the reason you quack when you talk- you're breathing TriMix. Next time you're at Chuk-E-Cheez, get one of those Helium filled balloons, crack it opoen and suck in a big breath of Helium. Then, immediately start singing the Happy Birthday Song to your big Saturday Night Date. She will laugh uncontrollably and you know what girls say- they're attracted to guys who make them laugh. See? You're "in" for the price of a $4.98 pizza and a little parlour trick. Just sit down before doing this- you may get woozy as TriMix has not only some of that talk-squeaky Helium, but also a bit of other stuff, including Oxygen. You? You're going to have to make it work with the Helium and some Rohypnol.

In short, Chuk-E-Cheez is probably not a good source for TriMix diving gas when your local LDS goes belly-up because you shopped on-line to buy your Split Fins and Sea Drops Plutonium on-line instead of at Ol' Capn' Grumpy's Dive Shop.

Back to what may or may not have been your question. What color are TriMix dive tanks?

This is not a TriMix color...
images-7.jpg
but is a very technical diver.

We already have established that, if anything, TriMix does qualify as "technical" diving. In that any idiot knows that all technical diving gear is not just black, but instead it is always "tech black", that is the equally obvious answer.

The cylinders should be all black, "tech black".
Picture7.png
You could patent this and since there are a few lawyers on SB that have nothing more to do than cruise SB, you're in.

Go for it.

Last edited:
This is not a TriMix color...
images-7.jpg
but is a very technical diver.

:hm:

05_mlombardo_04.jpg

Looks more like recreation to me...

LOL, someone should tell her the hose protector should be at the 2nd stage, not in the middle of the hose. It also helps in an OOA situation that the octo is not at your knees or dragging through all the muck.

LOL, someone should tell her the hose protector should be at the 2nd stage, not in the middle of the hose. It also helps in an OOA situation that the octo is not at your knees or dragging through all the muck.

There is a hose protector, 2nd stage, and octo in that picture? I didn't notice any of those things...:D

:hm:Looks more like recreation to me...

It's all the moving parts that bumps it up into the Tech Category

I thought Dacor was out of business? If they had marketed their product intelligently with the gal above we'd all be happy.

She is also wearing the correct colors for trimix (avocado)...whatever we all want to call it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom