Gas blending courses, Pattaya area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anyone (who'd care to comment) taken any gas blending (nitrox and trimix) course(s) in the Pattaya area?

Any shop/instructor/training agency recommendations? Different courses/agencies comparison?

Any info/advice appreciate.

Thanks.

I did mine with Steve Burton when he was at Meramid's then went on to set my own facilities up on my boat and dive centre.

Since then I've taught hundreds to instructor level, Eanx and Tmx

A couple of points

1/ it's all physics, organisations can't affect that

2/ each facility has different logistics, set up but reaches the same goal. What you learn specifically in one centre may not work in another, so it's concepts you need to master and then transfer them to your own blending facility and keep yourself safe

3/ Partial Pressure Blending is soooo old, I teach continuous flow eanx and trimix too, it really is the way forward, not sure anyone has bothered with it in Pattaya, too busy on the forums, maybe?

I would try Steve B, if he's still teaching in his new workshop or Roger Aquanauts, but you need to have an open mind, pay the right money, and be clever!

Firstly

Thanks, Jamie.

I spoke w/ Steve B about another course. I was favorably impressed w/ his teaching manner. I also took a course from Aquanuts - I would have to recommend Steve. You can PM me for further details.

Guys, thank you so much for all the info/offers. In addition to various shops offering DSAT and/or TDI courses, am also looking at ANDI (Bruce Konefe). Is Steve an independent now or is he teaching for another shop?

I own a dive center in Pattaya and I would like to say "Steve Burton is the man to teach you this course". Steve Knows more about the subject than anyone else I know. If you need his phone number l will pass it on to you.
Alternatively if you want to have a look at our continuous blending system, pop in to SEAduction dive center and Ill show you how it all works for free.

Since when do you guys ahve your own blending system?

It went in about a month to six weeks ago. Continuous flow system pumping out <40%.

Good fun putting it in!

I think Andy was (maybe still is) giving free Nitrox to qualified divers who book 2 days diving :)

Attachments

• 22122009154.jpg
    22122009154.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 22122009155.jpg
    22122009155.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 22122009153.jpg
    22122009153.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 32
Guys, thank you so much for all the info/offers. In addition to various shops offering DSAT and/or TDI courses, am also looking at ANDI (Bruce Konefe). Is Steve an independent now or is he teaching for another shop?

I have never done any courses with Steve but everything I have heard is very positive. Bruce K is also a good source. He has trimix and nitrox blending capabilities as well as O2 boosting. I do not think Bruce is doing any continuous blending unless he has changed things in the last 6 months.

I agree with Jamie that continuous blending is the preferred method. However, I believe you should learn partial pressure blending well first. That way you will learn all the theory and safety considerations under the most demanding conditions and then the partial blending concepts will be simple. Additionally, if you are considering doing your own blending often times partial pressure is the only/best option.

John

Additionally, if you are considering doing your own blending often times partial pressure is the only/best option.

Yes, exactly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom