Garmin MK1 v MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I trust my Citizen more than the others. I have compared it to a lab grade thermometer and it was very close.

We are a bit OT, but it's worth... what citizen do you have? I mean, the model...

Thanks!

I'm in the market for a new smartwatch. Knowing there is a descent witch I could use as a backup computer, my eyes have fallen on that series. Just having ordered my new drysuit, the budget has shrunken.

The G1 isn't as beautiful as a way out of budget MK2. I've found there is a new MK1 still online in my region, priced just slightly over budget.

To the all knowing Schubaboard:
Is a MK1 still worth it?

I'm in the market for a new smartwatch. Knowing there is a descent witch I could use as a backup computer, my eyes have fallen on that series. Just having ordered my new drysuit, the budget has shrunken.

The G1 isn't as beautiful as a way out of budget MK2. I've found there is a new MK1 still online in my region, priced just slightly over budget.

Is a MK1 still worth it?
I would just wait for Garmin to run a rebate and get the MK2s. It has the same face size as the MK1 and wears more like a normal watch. Garmin seems to run the $100 rebates a couple times a year so it would be in the $850-900 range. I waiting for that to happen and will probably pull the trigger as a backup computer.

Yeah. I hear you. I was seriously looking at the G1, but just couldn’t really get used to the looks.
Is a MK1 still worth it?
I guess it would depend on the price. The MK2 has been out for a while, so the MK1 is pretty old at this point. Still capable.
I would just wait for Garmin to run a rebate and get the MK2s. It has the same face size as the MK1 and wears more like a normal watch. Garmin seems to run the $100 rebates a couple times a year so it would be in the $850-900 range. I waiting for that to happen and will probably pull the trigger as a backup computer.
Yep. Agreed. That’s what I did. If last year is any indication, the rebate should show up in a few months. With the rebate, a 20% discount (through work via perk spot) and some credit card cash back, the out of pocket was much more palatable.

If any people here are veterans, you can get a 15% discount at onlinescuba, and combined with the periodic $100 rebate, the MK2s would be $750 no taxes and free shipping. That's pretty good for a Phoenix style Garmin every day watch with a good algorithm and only really lacks AI.

Talking about my decision-making to the wife yesterday, showing going prices, she didn't even blink as I showed her the mk2i bundle 🙀
With the bundle in the equation and the full decision on my part, I feel a sudden sting in the area where I where my wallet. :elvis: Now I've got to figure out if I can stand the pain.

Talking about my decision-making to the wife yesterday, showing going prices, she didn't even blink as I showed her the mk2i bundle 🙀
With the bundle in the equation and the full decision on my part, I feel a sudden sting in the area where I where my wallet. :elvis: Now I've got to figure out if I can stand the pain.
I was an early adopter of the Mk2i+T1. I love it!!!

However, I still wouldn't recommend it if your aren't interested in it as your everyday watch as well.
(I did really like having my girlfriend's pressure on my computer too, with a second T1)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom