Garmin Descent MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is not speculation the Mark II was tested here on the Big Island on a series of dives with a local Dive shop recently and they said it does have Air integration. I am not real excited about that feature so I don't care much but I am sure that many here will be looking forward to it. I will stick with a SPG. I don't go deep anymore anyway.

Anyone know what transmitter they are licensing? I doubt they would build one from the ground up and i know it wont be Suunto.

So Pelagic, Scubapro, Mares or....?

It is not speculation the Mark II was tested here on the Big Island on a series of dives with a local Dive shop recently and they said it does have Air integration. I am not real exited about that feature so I don't care much but I am sure that many here will be looking forward to it. I will stick with a SPG. I don't go deep anymore anyway.

^what he said. Any chance you can find out what transmitter they are using for their air integration?

So now becomes the question for those of us with a Mk1 already that use it for multisport, get a Perdix AI, or a Mk2....
Decisions decisions.

@TuckerIdaho Sell the Mk1 now, before the masses learn about the Mk2 (and before the Mk1 goes on some blowout sale)...

Then buy a Teric AND a Mk2... :wink:

So now becomes the question for those of us with a Mk1 already that use it for multisport, get a Perdix AI, or a Mk2....
Decisions decisions.

With as long as the Mk1 has been out, and with Garmin’s track record, the mk1 support will likely end a year or two after the Mk2. For that reason alone I’d get the mk2 when it comes out.

With as long as the Mk1 has been out, and with Garmin’s track record, the mk1 support will likely end a year or two after the Mk2. For that reason alone I’d get the mk2 when it comes out.

There hasn't been a software update in a year, not sure what "support" you're expecting.

There hasn't been a software update in a year, not sure what "support" you're expecting.

that’s kind of the point. I work in software, I guarantee there are still bugs in the code, obviously nothing huge but still there. So yeah I like devices that are still actively supported by both the hardware and software teams is far more preferable.

Back
Top Bottom