gargantuan revelation - usage of my dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanun

Contributor
Reaction score
i've read with interest the pro's and con's of using a DC, including the interesting CRTB (computers rot the brain) threads, and the over reliance on the DC to plan your dive, or drive your dive, for you.

secretly at night, as i huddle under my blanket, i shudder to think that, gulp, maybe i do let my DC drive me. arrrrghhhhh !!!

moments of soul-searching peppered my days. how did it happen ? why did i let it be so ? should i not be considered a safe diver :confused:

then i started visualizing some of my dives and discovered something pretty interesting ...

(what ? what ? the audience gasped :eek: )

the information i glance at most often is actually my depth, dive time and ascend rate :) . maybe there's hope for me after all ! maybe i still do plan my dive and dive my plan though not so precisely as when i took my OW certification.

:D with this revelation, i am now more comfortable diving in gauge mode. and find working the dive plan with pencil, calculator and dive table no longer a chore but more of a mental exercise. i find i like to do more research on where i plan to dive, and whippin' out the dive table when asked 'so how much bottom time do we get here' no longer reeks with 'newbie-ness'.

just thought i'd share that with whoever's interested :)

Back
Top Bottom