Galveston, Freeport, Matagorda Boat Owner needed????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No boat here, but spearfishing and bug-hunting has always been something I've been interested in. I guess I'm afraid I'd put one through my foot or something... how hard is it to learn?

When I travel, it's always very sternly put that "you can't hunt anything with scuba and a speargun"

But I guess that rule doesn't apply in the states?

D.

outlawaggie:
Just thought I'd refresh the post. Anyone???

OutlawAggie,

Count me in if you want another person to split the costs. I wouldn't mind going often. In fact, more diving is better for me. :D

Where are you diving now? We should do some dives when I get back into town (next week).

By the way, I live around the Katy area also.

Richard

Thought I'd restart this thread.

Outlaw, just ran across your post & notice you live in the Heights in Houston....Our daughter & SIL live on East Woodland Street there--that's the corner they are building the new 4 story(blue) home, are you close by???.....If so, small world..........

EDIT: also, was in Freeport week before last going out on the Fling(the Flower Gardens)...Had a very good trip & diving......

Outlaw, just ran across your post & notice you live in the Heights in Houston....Our daughter & SIL live on East Woodland Street there--that's the corner they are building the new 4 story(blue) home, are you close by???.....If so, small world..........

EDIT: also, was in Freeport week before last going out on the Fling(the Flower Gardens)...Had a very good trip & diving......

About 7 blocks north and 6 blocks west. Do they dive???:D

About 7 blocks north and 6 blocks west. Do they dive???:D

As a matter of fact yes......our daughter certified in '85 @ 14 y.o. and lived on Roatan for 1.5 years in '00 & '01......

Have you condsidered working as a charter DM? There are many boats running out of Port A, Freeport, etc, looking for DMs. The DM rides/dives free. Little bit of work hauling tanks and tying off the mooring lines, but nothing you wouldn't have to do on a private boat. Since you've been posting since '05 you could have been a DM long ago at this rate. Just a thought.

Have you condsidered working as a charter DM? There are many boats running out of Port A, Freeport, etc, looking for DMs. The DM rides/dives free. Little bit of work hauling tanks and tying off the mooring lines, but nothing you wouldn't have to do on a private boat. Since you've been posting since '05 you could have been a DM long ago at this rate. Just a thought.

Funny you mention that. My wife and I just signed up for a DM class tonight.

Back
Top Bottom