Galveston Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sleeping is in single bunks with curtains, pullman style. Four to a cabin - this is not a problem as you just sleep there.
Don't recall ever having to wait for a head.(bathroom)
Don't recall separate ladies head, but there may be (not one of those things I'd remember - I'll ask the Lovely Young Kat tonight if she remembers)
It's usually close to 50/50 male/female.
This is an intense diving trip; everything is geared toward max diving - even if you had a deluxe stateroom with private bath you wouldn't spend any time there - except to collapse and sleep. All the rest of the time you are either getting ready to dive, diving, talking about the dive you just did or eating. There is a big lounge/cabin where folks congregate to eat and talk and socialize. Also a huge sundeck up top for relaxing and soaking up the rays.
Kat & I love it.
Rick

There is a third liveaboard that also makes the same trip. It is the
Seasearcher ll, also operates out of Freeport, Tx. A litle more expensive, but only books 16 divers instead of about 30. I think the length overall is five feet shorter. Basically the same layout. All are great operations! Nitrox available on the Fling and Spree, don't think so on the Seasearcher ll. Best time to boo is July and August. Booking are thru dive shops, not the boats. Chck thi schedules on the web to find out which shops you can contact to book.

Regards,

phxcamera:
Still a new diver, and I've never heard about that type of diving..

Any info would be great!!! Thanks!

If you are a new diver, then I would NOT recommend the flower gardens, since this is considered a mid to dificult dive.

Cudabait:
There is a third liveaboard that also makes the same trip. It is the
Seasearcher ll, also operates out of Freeport, Tx. A litle more expensive, but only books 16 divers instead of about 30. I think the length overall is five feet shorter. Basically the same layout. All are great operations! Nitrox available on the Fling and Spree, don't think so on the Seasearcher ll. Best time to boo is July and August. Booking are thru dive shops, not the boats. Chck thi schedules on the web to find out which shops you can contact to book.

Regards,
I'm going to flower gardens in October via the Sea Searcher

Back
Top Bottom