galveston area shore dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shore diving on the upper Texas coast... Good April Fool's joke!

No way! Take a Flower Garden trip....Viz is zero in Galveston..

Well, there's always Offat's Bayou off 61st street. 8-10 foot visibility when it's not too stirred up. It used to be commonly used by local divers, back before everyone started turning into wussies.:D

archman:
Well, there's always Offat's Bayou off 61st street. 8-10 foot visibility when it's not too stirred up. It used to be commonly used by local divers, back before everyone started turning into wussies.:D

Yeah, you're right. It can be dived. Usually can see a few feet anyway. Used to be a lot of diving going on there and some commercial schools still use the area by the boat launch on 61st. to do some of their training. Also, there used to be a pretty significant annual stone crab rodeo there.

Regards,

clarke28:
Are there any locations you would recommend for shore diving around Galveston?
Welcome to SB. Are you new to Scuba? Where are you? Perhaps we could suggest better dive sites if you complete your Dive Info and Profile....?

If Galveston water were all I could dive, I'd wonder why I took up diving, but there is better... :thumb:

I've been diving off and on for 16 years. I am in the middle of Nebraska. We will be traveling to Galveston in late May. Would like to get a saltwater dive in without spending an arm and a leg to do it. Any suggestions outside of Galveston would be great to. In South Padre I have dove the jetties. Any thing like that around Galveston?

clarke28:
I've been diving off and on for 16 years. I am in the middle of Nebraska. We will be traveling to Galveston in late May. Would like to get a saltwater dive in without spending an arm and a leg to do it. Any suggestions outside of Galveston would be great to. In South Padre I have dove the jetties. Any thing like that around Galveston?

Since you mention jetties, I've always wondered if would be worth while to dive around the North Jettie at Port A?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom