Gallery upload problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I deleted both images after I made the previous posts since they weren't working.
Ok I wanted to test the pic, but oh well.
Just tried to "bulk" upload, the 200K file didn't work but a 1.5MB file did.
That's a problem as I just loaded that one singly at 72 mb I think it was, no problem.
I use noparse to make the img link visible in my posts.
Yeah, was wondering why the image link was not showing is all.

I still suspect your account as your gallery link does not show on your posts like it should. Howard fixed this for another fellow the other day.

I still suspect your account as your gallery link does not show on your posts like it should. Howard fixed this for another fellow the other day.
Good point, I just uploaded another image that worked but there's no indication of it in my "stats" box.

What's further interesting is that in my gallery, this is the 98K image, the original is 1.4MB on my computer. Clicking the link to the 1.1MB (not 1.4?) image link shown under the image in the Photo Gallery yields the same bad link I've been seeing all day.

P10102461.JPG

1.1MB link:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=81750

I'll just host my own images til this gets fixed. I only post images corrected for someone else, I don't even shoot u/w photos. So no great loss if this never works correctly.

Don't waste any more time on this DD, I'm not...

This just posted on the main PG upgrade thread....
The gallery links in everyone's "stats" is now updated, and will be updated as usual.
Your link shows now, and I suspect the other problem was resolved with it. Everything's gotta work on SB...! :D

Actually I'm still having the same problem mentioned in the previous thread. Just tried uploading a new 22K jpg it, didn't work and didn't increment my gallery stats.

image should be here:
sharkavatar.jpg

link to image code:
[img]http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/sharkavatar.jpg[/img]

Thumb shows ok...

Interesting...since I can't even see it in my own gallery.
And clicking on the image in your post yields the same result, I still don't see it.

Actually I'm still having the same problem mentioned in the previous thread. Just tried uploading a new 22K jpg it, didn't work and didn't increment my gallery stats.

image should be here:
sharkavatar.jpg

link to image code:
[img]http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/sharkavatar.jpg[/img]

That's strange with the sharkavatar. The cruise ships in St Thomas comes out fine, and the img links work as well.

"bb code link"
sharkavatar.jpg

Linked Thumbnail -

Why there are problems with this one photo is very strange.

The view gallery display shows the thumbnail though.

It's not just this one Howard, it's pretty any small images I've tried to upload. There were a couple in my first post in this thread that didn't display either. I since deleted them. Any image bigger than about 1MB seems to work.

The original image size for the St. Thomas photo is 1.4MB. Uploading it reduced it to the image displayed a couple posts back at 95K and a link to a 1.1MB image that won't display in my gallery.

Just noticed that my counter did increment to 2. It was showing 1 earlier this morning after I uploaded the Shark avatar - my second image.

I'm not really too concerned about it, I have a lot of webspace to hold photos as needed. I don't shoot u/w photos so I only used the gallery to show people photo correction examples etc.

In fact unless DD objects, feel free to delete this whole thread.

I would like to figure it out. :)

The Photos link in your user stats will automatically update now (and for everyone else too)

I changed the setting for the minimum allowable image size. That might help.

I would like to figure it out. :)

The Photos link in your user stats will automatically update now (and for everyone else too)

I changed the setting for the minimum allowable image size. That might help.

Ok,

I'll post a bunch of different sized test images when I get home later tonite.
May help pinpoint the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom