Galileo Sol Warranty **BEWARE**

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get off the guys case..Is there any difference in US Scubapro products vs non-us SP products??? Probably not..Then why the hassle with warranties??

And kudos to his wife if she did try to save a few bucks...I know I am more loyal to my wallet than SP's bottom line. We should all be so lucky..!!

One nice thing about diving is traveling to fun exotic places and seeing things we do not get to see in our own backyard..Now lets say a piece of my dive kit breaks, gets lost or stolen..while I am out of the US, Should I even think about buying a SP product because I may not be able to get it serviced when I get back to the good ol' USA????

Bottom line is that SP should honor warranties no matter where it was purchased..it is their product..and I am sure they could tell if it was not from the SN#.

ScubaPro...Change your freakin policies diving is a worldwide sport in a worldwide economy. I am loyal (to a point) to my LDS because of the service I get from them..not usually the deals..how can they give me a deal because of the pricing policies???

You're a little late to get us a lecture about his wife purchasing the Sol for him.

We've already gotten to the bottom of the issue as to WHY he had to send the SOL in and it has to do with what online store it was purchased from and not the fact that it was an international purchase. It's in the thread somewhere if you were wondering.

Get off the guys case..Is there any difference in US Scubapro products vs non-us SP products??? Probably not..Then why the hassle with warranties??

Who is on his case? It might help to do a bit of research before throwing out an opinion, no.....?

You should also read the other thread that he linked to this one so you can see what he had to do to get them to even respond to him...... Enjoy ....

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...lyzers/298860-new-computer-mares-icon-hd.html

Here is an excerpt:

FROM THE SP WEBSITE......... under FAQ's

If I buy SCUBAPRO UWATEC products overseas, can I get servicing / warranty coverage locally?

Yes, provided you bought the product from an Authorized Dealer.

Can I get warranty / service for products bought through internet websites?

In Europe yes, however only if you purchased your product from an internet website which is an Authorized Dealer.

OH, wait a minute, this could be an example of how a USA dealer could have his hands tied.........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom